Personal Banker I Job in Lone Star National Bank
The Personal Banker I (PB I) is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results. The PB I makes a positive impact in the lives of our customers by building strong relationships and learning about their financial needs. The PB I will establish all types of accounts and take credit applications from our customers. The PB I possess a strong passion to succeed and engages with prospects to develop new business and deepen the relationship of our existing customers while delivering exceptional quality service.
REQUIRED: Click here to complete the pre-employment assessment associated with this position._*
The duties listed below may not include all responsibilities that the person in this role may be asked to perform. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties, as assigned, including cross training across other departments, as necessary. In addition, incumbent may be required to rotate between banking centers, as needed.
- Provides a welcoming environment and communicates professionally and effectively with customers and other members of the team
- Displays passion for serving others and consistently executes exceptional quality service
- Applies strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to resolve and or identify financial solutions for new and existing customers
- Provides a complete range of customer service including opening all types of new accounts, credit cards, and cross- selling of other bank products/services such as self-service banking solutions (ATM, Mobile Banking, etc.)
- Actively contributes to help meet the banking center’s goals, as well as individual sales and referral goals by cross-selling and referring customers to bank business partners when more complex financial needs are recognized such as; Commercial Lending, Mortgage, Insurance, Investments, Merchant Services, Wealth Management or Treasury Management
- Participates in job specific training and other various Bank training programs, as necessary
- Maintains current knowledge of internal risk controls and loss prevention, including reporting of suspicious or unusual customer activity per Bank policy
- Maintains current knowledge and complies with all federal and state laws and regulations and all established Bank policies and procedures, including internal audit controls related to department operations
- Maintains current knowledge of all rules, regulations, and laws as they apply to BSA/OFAC/USA Patriot Act/CIP/AML
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field, preferred
- An equivalent amount of experience in sales, marketing or operations may substitute the degree preference
- (1) year of cash handling experience
- (1) year of Banking experience
- Thorough understanding of corporate business account documentation and consumer loan documentation, including proficiency with BSA and CIP, preferred
- Ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms
- Experience using personal computers, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Must be able to work flexible hours as scheduled Monday through Friday, and Saturday rotation (hours will fluctuate as business needs dictate)
- This position reports to the Banking Center Manager
- This position does not oversee other positions
All employees are required to attend scheduled mandatory training and complete online regulatory compliance training courses applicable to their specific job function. In all situations, employees must ensure that their actions fully comply with all federal banking laws and regulations, including internal bank policies and procedures. Failure to adhere to these requirements will be grounds for disciplinary action, including probation and possible termination.
Lone Star National Bank’s Mission Statement includes a commitment to helping our communities grow by serving them with pride and integrity. All employees are encouraged to volunteer for bank sponsored activities, civic, charitable and community events and to be active in the communities we serve.
Punctuality and regular attendance should be regarded as essential functions of any position at Lone Star National Bank.
Among other things, “good attendance habits” mean the following:
- Be at your workstation ready for work by the start of each workday
- Remain at your workstation, unless the needs of the job require being elsewhere, except during authorized breaks (including restroom breaks)
- Take only the time normally allowed for breaks
- Call in and notify your supervisor or another member of management if you are going to be either absent or tardy
- Alternate work arrangements such as telecommuting or working from home are not permitted by Lone Star National Bank
LSNB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status as protected by applicable laws.
Management reserves the right to change this position description at any time according to business needs.
Location: 129 N FM 3167,Suite A, Rio Grande City, TX 78582
Job Type: Full-time