Murdoch’s Ranch & Home Supply is now accepting applications for a Payroll Specialist to join our growing HR Team. The ideal candidate will possess a solid understand of multi-state payroll and payroll tax laws, federal and state labor laws, excellent customer service, the ability to maintain confidentiality information, and a positive attitude.
Work Location: This position will be based out of the Home Office in beautiful Bozeman, Montana where we offer a flexible hybrid work environment after an in-office introductory training period.
As a Murdochs Team Member in this role, you will…
- Work closely with Store Management to ensure accurate data in the HRIS system.
- Review Timecards for issues and approvals.
- Assist with Manager and Team Member questions regarding Onboarding or Self-Service changes in HRIS.
- Create and distribute various payroll related reports.
- Work closely with Benefits to ensure proper benefit administration, payroll deductions, and taxation of employer benefits.
- Perform accurate reconciliation of payroll deductions as needed.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed report.
- Prepare Journal Entry Reports for Finance.
- Manage uncashed paychecks including compliance with unclaimed property laws.
- Prepare Month End reports and answer any questions regarding these reports.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting.
- Develop and maintain payroll expertise in regards to payroll laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
As a Murdochian in this role, you must…
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong communication (written, oral and interpersonal) skills.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excel in fast-paced, evolving work environment
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a retail environment
- Be proficient using Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of Payroll Processing and Time Keeping systems.
- Be a motivated self-starter.
- Be able to perform without close supervision.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Repetitive wrist movements on the keyboard.
- Close vision for PC work.
- Bending, carrying, and pushing.
- Heavy lifting (no more than 50 lbs.).
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
Competitive Benefits + Compensation:
- Amazing Employee Discount on everything from clothes to power tools to pet food.
- Multiple Health Insurance options to best suit your needs after 60 days.
- Dental & Vision options to complete your health plan.
- Life Insurance to secure your family’s financial future.
- Paid Vacation allows you to relax and recharge.
- Holiday Pay throughout the year so you can celebrate with your family.
- Paid Sick Time empowers you to stay home and focus on your health without losing pay.
- 401(k) with a generous 4% company match to help plan for retirement.
- Community Giving Program matches your donations and provides paid volunteer hours.
- Wellness Program saves you money by lowering medical premiums with credits earned.
- Training Program helps you expand your knowledge and skills with over 250 courses.
- Other various Voluntary Insurance Options.