Patient Experience Representative
Responsible for patient satisfaction and maintaining the flow of information between patients, hospital personnel, physicians, and families. Assists with transporting patients within the hospital when needed. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
- Proficient in use of personal computers or terminals, standard office equipment, and related equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain excellent customer service skills and customer relations.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, follow up and communicate appropriately.
- Ability to communicate verbally with visitors, Associates, management and physicians.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and projects and maintain control of own work flow.
- Ability to apply appropriate behavior when greeting and assisting the public.
- Displays good communication skills in dealing with the public, which may have been obtained through six (6) months clerical experience as a receptionist.
- Ability to deal with the interpersonal dynamics of family members in crisis situations in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment with multiple demands for attention.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides customer service and general duties for emergency department.
- Transports inpatients and outpatients safely between hospital departments, using stretcher, wheelchair, bed, and stroke chair as appropriate.
- Provides information and assistance. Communicates with ED associates as appropriate.
- Uses Health Information Access through computer.
- Performs other job functions as assigned or requested.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work – exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures transcribing viewing a computer terminal or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.