Patient Escort – Full Time – Evening
Region: New Orleans Region
Facility: Ochsner Baptist – A Campus Of Ochsner Medical Center
Location: New Orleans, LA
Employment Type: Full time
Job Category: Patient Care/Clinical Services
Job Number: REQ_00171713
We’ve made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed – our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!
This job transports patients being admitted, moved to different departments, and discharged. Performs specific duties dependent on assigned department under close supervision and/or according to detailed instructions, policies and procedures
Required – None.
Preferred – High School diploma or equivalent
Required – None.
Required within 90 Days of Employment – Basic Life Support certification.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information. Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Transports newly admitted patients to assigned rooms in a timely manner.
- Delivers clinic records, admit forms, and charge cards to nursing units and ancillary departments.Locates and maintains equipment used in the department.
- Transports patients to/from Hospital/Clinic ancillary departments via wheelchairs, stretchers or beds as requested in a safe and caring manner.
- Transports discharged patients and belongings from nursing units and ancillary departments.
- Takes responsibility for personal development and required training.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health does not consider an individual an applicant until they have formally applied to the open position on this careers website.
Individuals who reside in and will work from the state of Colorado are not eligible for remote work position.
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and providing a workplace that is free from discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, pregnancy status, pregnancy-related conditions, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, unemployment status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. These protections extend to applicants and all employment related decisions. View the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement, as well as the pay transparency policy for more information.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement