Patient Care Representative – Upper Manhattan
The Patient Care Representative (PCR) is responsible for welcoming and providing exemplary customer service to all our incoming patients at CityMD. The person in this position is responsible for registering patients and coordinating with the rest of the team to provide a timely turnaround for the patient. This individual responds to patient questions and concerns with a sense of urgency and kindness, both on the telephone and in person and is responsible for all paperwork associated with patient registration.
- Greeting and welcoming patients
- Organizing and coordinating patient in-take and other appointments
- Accurately enters/updates patient information in system
- Assisting patients with completion of paperwork when necessary
- Scanning, updating and filing medical records
- Answering phone calls, questions, etc. in a prompt and polite manner
- Processing medical insurance information, verifying patient eligibility and addressing any patient questions about insurance (liaise with Billing department as appropriate)
- Handling cash and co-payments accurately and responsibly
- Providing outstanding customer service to every patient
- Informing site manager or assistant site manager of waiting room wait times, patient inquiries, etc.
- A High School Degree or GED
- Happy, welcoming, and can-do attitude with patients and coworkers
- Experience working in any high-volume/high-intensity service industry (e.g., hospitality, restaurant, hospital, medical office or retail environment) preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and a team player
- Computer Proficiency and superior keyboarding skills (approximately 55 wpm)
- Flexible/adaptable nature to work in a continuously evolving environment
- Passion for helping others in a healthcare environment
- Ability to effectively interact with physicians, patients and other staff members
- Bilingual language skills required or preferred based on site location.
Ability to sit and stand for periods of time. Heavy computer use required.
A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
Outstanding growth opportunities
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
401K plan with company matching contribution
Cash Bonus Programs
Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
Other Perks & Discounts
Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ .