Patient Care Associate, ICU Step Down, 7p-7a
No experience or certification required to become a Patient Care Associate (PCA). We provide a paid, comprehensive training program.
Discover a healthcare career designed with you in mind at Norton Healthcare. The Patient Care Associate (PCA) provides direct patient care under the direction of licensed nursing staff. The initiatives taken by the Patient Care Associate ensures safe, quality patient care. A Patient Care Associate applies knowledge and understanding of principles on patient growth and development in patient and family interactions.
- Assisting patients with activities designed to maintain personal hygiene such as bathing, grooming, and skin care.
- Assisting patients with ambulation, transfers, and turns.
- Ensuring a clean and orderly patient environment to promote safety and infection prevention.
- Notifying clinical staff of any changes in a patient’s condition or safety concerns.
- Applying infection control concepts and techniques.
- Monitoring, recording, and effectively communicating the patient’s condition, activities, behaviors, and safety concerns utilizing computerized documentation systems and other means as appropriate.
- Taking vital signs and performing phlebotomy (blood draws) and glucose checks.
Student loan repayment or tuition assistance to aid with current or future school costs.
- Employee referral bonus to thank you for networking and helping us to grow.
- Employee Assistance Program to provide access to well-being support should you need it.
- Comprehensive Benefits to choose from to support your needs.
- No experience required. We provide a paid, comprehensive in-classroom and on the job training program.
- No certifications required. We provide a paid, comprehensive in-classroom and on the job training program.
- Career Pathway questions? There are many healthcare career pathways and we can provide tuition assistance up to $40,000 when pursing clinical degrees in healthcare.