Passenger Service Agent – FLL Job in Swissport International Ltd.
About Swissport USA
At Swissport, our vision is to be the most trusted single-source Ground Services and Cargo Handling provider in the aviation industry. We operate at 269 airports in 47 countries across six continents. In the United States, we manage 46 locations.
Did you know?
- Swissports total warehouse area globally equals 71 soccer fields.
- Swissport performs one aircraft turn every 15 seconds.
- Swissport serves about 8 airline passengers per second worldwide.
When you work for Swissport, you are eligible for tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 a year, a 401 (k) plan with match, paid training and more! We also pride ourselves from growing our leaders from within.
Come join a winning team!
To provide all necessary and required passenger/customer services as contracted by the customer to include but not be limited to reservations, ticketing, baggage processing, terminal/gate check-in, jet way operation, greeting arriving passengers, handling of VIPs, provide special passenger assistance, handle customer complaints and other duties as assigned.
- Inspect and verify passenger documentation
- Issue boarding passes and reschedule passengers affected by flight interruptions or cancellations
- Manage passenger baggage processing including handling and fee calculation if applicable
- Assist passengers as needed through arrival and check in processes including support for passengers with special needs such as unaccompanied minors (UM), VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance
- Direct passengers through Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine, as required
- Make public address announcements as required
- Assist Ramp Service Agents to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers and gate checked bags (cleared through security) are made available for loading upon departure and delivery to passengers upon arrival
- Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements and Swissport SOPs and policies
- Ensure all safety and security processes and procedures are complied with at all times
- Operate equipment to include the jet way, computer keyboards, and carrier specific reservation/ ticketing software
- Produce all required, work-related documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Passionate about customer service and must have relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in country specific language
- Additional languages desirable
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Attentive to detail and numerate
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Must be able to type and learn airline specific computer reservation/ ticketing software
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.05 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Do you have open availability?
- Drivers License (Required)
- One location
Last Date For Apply: 26/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here