Part-Time Student-Product Engineering-Remote
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmiths shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Urbandale/Remote
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Product Engineering-Remote – 85112
Onsite/Remote: Remote Position
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule year-round.
- Develop Embedded C++ Software or Computer Vision Algorithms in John Deere’s Automation & Autonomy Group
- Perform basic sw development utilizing C++, Python and/or testing and analysis work for a defined portion of a project.
- Operate in an Agile software development team, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews.
- Develop recommendations within established guidelines work and decisions are reviewed by technical leads before implementation.
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at an accredited university
- Graduation date of 2023 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Available to work during the academic year (16-20 weekly)
- Available to work during the summer semester (30-40 weekly)
- Available to work 100% remote during the spring, summer and fall semester with onsite a plus
- Available to do job related trips as appropriate to support project work during the summer months (less than 10% of time expected)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Bachelors already completed and performing Masters or PhD courses
- Experience with C++ embedded software development
- Experience with Computer Vision/Machine Learning
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
What Youll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, youll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.