Works under the supervision of the Project Manager or designee with 95% standards of cleanliness within assigned tasks. Candidates should be qualified janitors/cleaners with a high level of cleanliness and attention to detail.
Ahtna complies with all federal regulations, to include mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for all employees working directly or indirectly on a government contract. If applicable, employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the position’s start date. An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their final dose.
Auto req ID
Job Location (State)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The employee will follow all rules and regulations relative to entering and leaving the building.
- Must be physically able to perform all duties and tasks in the statement of work and shall be free of communicable diseases.
- Must be able to utilize cleaning products, chemicals, vacuums, mops, wringers, dust tools, and floor machines.
- Will report fires, hazardous conditions, and items in need of repair, such as dead lights, leaking faucets, toilet stoppage, etc.
- Basic cleaning tasks to include but not limited to the following:
- Sweep and mop floors
- Emptying trash cans
- Cleaning surfaces
- Vacuuming & waxing floors
- Routine heavy cleaning
- Moving furniture as needed
- Document weekly and monthly tasks
- Adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations
- Follow established procedure methods for handling and mixing chemicals
- Must have 3 months of general experience of progressively responsible housekeeping/sanitation or other work that applies knowledge and skills to perform the position.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge of janitorial methods, practices, materials, tools, occupational hazards and safety precautions of the janitorial work.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Ahtna Native Corporation Shareholders, Descendants, and Spouses in all phases of employment.
Physical Demands (Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.)
Must be able to lift to 50 pounds. For extended period may be required to stand or walk push or pull heavy equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, kneeling and crouching as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
Office building setting and/or Apartment housing Setting