Part-Time Campus Greeters Job in North Shore Community College
About North Shore Community College:
North Shore Community College is a diverse, caring, inclusive community that inspires our students to become engaged citizens and to achieve their personal, academic, and career goals through accessible, affordable, rigorous educational opportunities that are aligned with our regions workforce needs and will prepare them for life in a changing world. NSCC is one of 15 Massachusetts community colleges, which serves the 26 cities and towns north of Boston. Since its founding in 1965, NSCC has grown from a single leased building to an urban campus in downtown Lynn and a suburban campus in Danvers, and from five to 80 academic programs of study. Nearly 50,000 students have graduated from NSCC. The college is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Part-Time Campus Greeters
15-25 hours per week non-benefitted position
Expect work to last from January 1, 2022 – June 30, 2022
Flexible hours, will need Greeters who can work some early evenings
Location: Lynn and Danvers Campus
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
North Shore Community College Campus Greeters will provide the College with a team of smiling staff to greet the College community, on a daily basis, as they arrive at our campus buildings. These individuals will guide faculty, staff, students and guests as they attempt to locate administrative offices, classrooms and other campus locations. This team will also be asked to check for vertical College IDs, that indicate those seeking entry to campus buildings, are vaccinated in accordance with the MA Community College COVID mandate of November of 2021. Those seeking entry without this particular College ID, will be asked by the Greeters to provide proof of vaccination or in the absence of that, Greeters will complete a short Google in-take form that allows one-time access to the campus.
Supervision Received: Reports to Coordinator of Student Engagement
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interface with the public, faculty, staff, students and other guests seeking to enter the campuses of NSCC. The Greeters will assist all with protocols and procedures regarding the MA Community College COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate.
- In the absence of a vertical College ID, Greeters will review and verify documentation to show compliance with the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate. If neither of these can be produced, Greeters will complete a brief Google in-take form that tracks that individuals presence on campus that day.
- Greeters will direct some guests to campus vaccination clinics and instruct these individuals to be sure to leave the campus once their vaccination is complete.
- Provide wayfinding to offices, classrooms and other campus locations, e.g. Campus Store, Library and Cafeteria.
- Provide general College information and referral to college offices, to students and guests, as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience interfacing with the public and providing friendly and informative customer service.
- The flexibility to work different shifts and to cover peak registration periods, as needed.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- Candidates will be required to pass a CORI/SORI and/or a National background check as a condition of employment.
- Familiarity with educational setting and Google Forms a plus.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all North Shore Community College students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
SALARY: $28.00 per hour, 15-25 hours per week, non-benefited position
STARTING DATE: ASAP
North Shore Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, to 5 positions available. harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Colleges Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Educations Office for Civil Rights.
Submit cover letter and resume. Applicants selected for an interview will need to provide the name, address, email and telephone number of at least three current professional references before the interview takes place.