Packer Operator Job in Crown Holdings
CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36 countries employing over 24,000 people and net sales of over $8 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals.
Crown’s Food Division is the number one manufacturer of food cans in the world. Our complete array of food packaging serves a variety of markets, including fruit, vegetables, dairy, fish, meat, ready meals, pet food, infant milk powder and other dry food products. We offer a wide selection of food cans from round to bowl as well as shaped cans. We truly focus on excellence. Here is your chance to join the Crown Food Division.
Crown Cork & Seal USA, Inc.
700 16th Street SE
JOB TITLE: PACKER OPERATOR
Packer Operators are responsible for checking the product for quality and then packaging the product for our customers in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Performs all activity with safety of self and others as the number one concern
- Packs aluminum and steel ends, lids, and cans into bags, sleeves, cartons, and/or pallets
- Pays attention to detail – checks product quality
- Use computer to capture data, keep records, and share information
- Sorts and repacks lids, ends, and cans
- Performs general housekeeping and cleanup of the assigned work areas
- Adheres to all safety, quality, and plant policies
- Completes required paperwork such as production logs, QA checks, etc.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Prior working experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred
Prior experience in can making is a plus
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Must be able to stand for long periods as well as work on elevated stationary platforms and withstand climate changes, especially during summer and winter months
Must be able to work under pressure and adjust to sudden changes with work patterns or schedules
Ability to work independently and with teams and possess good interpersonal skills
Must be able to work 8 or 12-hour shifts, days, evenings, midnights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
Must comply all OSHA safety rules and regulations
Must comply with Crown’s Quality and Food Safety Management Programs
Continuous Schedule (4 days on – 4 days off)
- 7pm – 7am
PAY RANGE: Up to $20.96 per hour based upon work experience.
- Company Funded Pension Plan
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Gainsharing Program
- Signing Bonus
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Prescription Coverage – No monthly premiums for Employee
- Paid Lunch & Breaks
- Basic Life Insurance – Free
- Short Term Disability – Free
- Stock Purchase Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Vacation Accrual Based on Years of Service
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Shoe Allowance
- Prescription Safety Glasses