Packaging Operator (2nd Shift) Job in Bimbo Bakeries USA
Packaging Operator (2nd Shift)
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Let’s Bake – Help Us Make America’s Favorite Baked Goods – Entenmann’s
Packaging Operator Hourly Union Rate: $22.00 Per Hour (*NIGHT SHIFT PREMIUM*)
The Packaging Operator tends machine that performs one or more packaging functions such as marking, labeling, packing or wrapping product by performing the following duties.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
- Stops machine and reports malfunction to supervisor.
- Makes minor adjustments or repairs such as opening valves, changing forming and setting guides, or clearing away damaged product or packages.
- Inspects packages to ensure product is packaged according to specifications.
- Feeds product to conveyors and unloads packaged product.
- Replenishes packaging supplies such as film, card stock, ribbon, ink, or labels.
- Mounts supplies on spindles or other feeding devices.
- Performs checks and documents results
- Other duties as assigned
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
Education and Work History:
High School Diploma or Equivalent (Preferred)
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 0-1 years of prior manufacturing experience; food manufacturing is a plus
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and must also adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, stack, and/or carry pans, ingredient containers, etc.
- Must be able to work around and with various food machinery equipment
- Must be able to measure ingredients and follow written instructions
- Have the ability to stand and/or stoop for the full shift
- Ability to work in a loud, hot work environment
- Willing to work irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off)
- Working holidays and weekends is frequently required
- Must be 18 years or older
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.