Packaging Laborer – 1st Shift, $18/hour Job in Savencia Cheese USA
Savencia Cheese USA LLC is a premier producer of specialty cheeses and maker of the Alouette, Chavrie, Ile De France and Supreme brands.
Our Packaging Laborer works on the production floor and performs tasks involved in the production of the company’s cheese products. This includes general packaging, stacking, lifting and restocking of material into equipment. Hours are Monday – Friday, 7 am – 3:30 pm, with weekends and overtime as required. Shift start time can vary depending upon production.
Our employees enjoy the following benefits, which all start on the first day of employment:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Basic Life Insurance at 2 times base pay
- Optional Life Insurance options
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation Time
- 8 Paid Major Holidays with 2 Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Educational Assistance Reimbursement Program
- Shift Differentials
- Free and discounted product
- Free uniforms
Essential Duties of Packaging Laborer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stacks product on pallets verifying correct pattern with the quality management system requirements
- Makes adjustments and basic repairs on tape machines, labelers (including refilling), box makers and conveyors, checks level and fills glue pots throughout shift
- Sets up and verifies accuracy of coders against quality management sheet and schedule;
- Verifies correct packaging for product listed in quality management system
- Monitors quality of packaging, product, cases and pallets
- Assembles boxes for hand packing product
- Operates metal detection and x-ray equipment as needed
- Assists where needed on line with set ups, change overs and helps coworkers when line is down
- Visual inspections of codes, seals, packaging. Alerts operator of non-conformance and makes corrections
- Completes paperwork assuring legibility and proper counts, including salvage and project sheets
- Follows all Safety and Quality policies & procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Maintains regular, predictable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Stand continuously/frequently
- Stoop/bend/squat continuously/frequently
- Crawl occasionally
- Occasionally climb stairs or ladders
- Continuously/frequently reach above and below chest level
- Push/pull 50 lbs. occasionally with a hand truck
- Continuously/frequently lift/carry more than 30 lbs.
- Occasionally lift/carry more than 50 lbs.
Required Education and Experience
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Basic mechanical aptitude