Operator Trainee Job in Chevron
Chevron Products Company, a division of Chevron U.S.A. Inc., is accepting applications for the position of Operator Trainee located in El Segundo, California, through December 23, at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Serves as an Operator Trainee at the El Segundo Refinery
- Operates on shift, assigned processing, treating, and/or stock handling equipment either manually or with instrumentation
- Operates furnaces, pumps, compressors that process raw materials, feedstocks and product transfers
- Performs other assigned duties such as maintenance, repairs, housekeeping and emergency response requirements
- This position requires driving on a routine basis
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of two years of any type of work experience. Military experience is counted as work experience.
- Valid Drivers License
- Must be able to work a rotating 12-hour shift, overtime as required and on-call
- This is a Safety Sensitive Position. Candidates must demonstrate personal commitment to Incident and Injury Free Operations with a proven track record in Safety and Reliability.
- Must pass online pre-employment testing process*
- Associates/Technical Degree from a Process Technology Program
- Previous Operating or Refinery Experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of the assigned processing unit and has the ability to relate it to others
- Displays a comprehensive understanding of refinery policies and procedures
- Demonstrates ability to be a problem solver
- Able to grasp complex issues and apply good problem solving skills to develop recommendations/solutions
- Able to remove roadblocks and consider alternative approaches to arrive at workable solutions
- Looks for opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Able to build rapport and establish positive working relationships both internally and externally to Chevron
- Responds and follows up on requests quickly and efficiently
- Uses feedback to monitor and address customer concerns
- Ability to work closely within a group and with other departments to set priorities, coordinate and follow up on business objectives
- Ability to effectively utilize computer tools
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative and act on opportunities
- Ability to plan and organize own work
- Ability to multi-task with changing priorities and assignments
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
If you are interested in applying, you will be required to take the following battery of tests:
- Industrial Information Test: Measures the ability to read, understand, and use information in graphs, charts, tables, and written passages to solve problems.
- Mechanical Aptitude Assessment: Measures the ability to apply general mechanical principles to understand and solve problem situations.
- Workplace Attitude and Behavior Inventory: Measures personal characteristics important to success in the job applied for. Chevrons tests are focused on industrial aptitudes.
- You will be immediately directed to the testing portal upon submittal of your application, at which point you will have 72 hours to complete the on-line assessment.
- Use a computer with a high-speed internet connection. Using a tablet or smartphone may negatively impact your experience.
- The assessment can be accessed via the URL emailed or via your Workday Home Page.
- The assessment will take 2 hours to complete.
- Your assessment score will be valid for 365 days from the day you complete your online test. *** If you completed the Assessment within the last year, your score has been saved in the system; please disregard the assessment link email.
Chevrons tests are focused on industrial aptitudes. However, Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test preparation guides may be helpful in preparation for these tests. Candidates should focus on mechanical aptitude, reading comprehension, understanding information in tables and graphs, and understanding industrial math.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at [email protected] .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Last Date For Apply: 20/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here