Operations & Maintenance Technician I-II
Salary Range: $30.81 – $40.60 an hour Overview: Operations & Maintenance Technician I-II
Little Rock, AR, USA
Power Production / Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Operations & Maintenance Technician I provide efficient operation and maintenance of power plants when assigned to the plant operations or maintenance departments. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
Oswald is a seven by two combined cycle plant. Utilizing 6 GE LM6000 aero-derivative gas turbines, one GE 7EA gas turbine, and two GE steam turbines, it is capable of 548-Megawatts. Oswald is located near the town of Wrightsville, just outside of Little Rock Arkansas.
- Operates steam, combustion, and hydroelectric turbines, aligns drains, and makes all necessary adjustments while working in operations. Performs minor and major mechanical maintenance on all plant equipment while working in maintenance.
- Inspects all plant equipment inside and outside, checks and lubricate equipment in accordance with prescribed procedure, periodically records readings on log sheets as directed, and reports all non-routine items found.
- Utilizes AECCs Enterprise Asset Management System to identify the need for maintenance and track all activities and statistics required to support maintenance and operations functions.
- Travels to remotely located hydroelectric turbine and combustion turbine plants and performs work as directed.
- Participates in training program and continually seeks to improve skills required.
- Maintains familiarity with, observes and practices all safety precautions. Maintains familiarity with and abides by all applicable internal AECC policies and procedures regarding NERC and FERC compliance.
- Performs duties in such a manner that is applicable to laws, regulations, and permit requirements including environmental permit requirements are adhered to. This duty is performed daily.
- Performs water tests as directed and operates water treatment equipment such as demineralizers, reverse osmosis units, and filtration systems.
- Carries out security duties as necessary and as directed including screening/identifying visitors and performing security patrols to enforce security policies.
- Assists with equipment lockout/tagout for maintenance by positioning energy isolation devices as directed.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all plant equipment in accordance with schedules to insure reliable equipment operation.
- Handles stress effectively and works well with others.
- In pursuant of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act 593, this position is a designated safety-sensitive position according to AECC/AECI standards and processes.
- EEI Position Testing will be conducted as part of the selection process
- As a condition of employment, this position requires a post-offer pre-employment drug test and pre-employment Fitness for Duty Exam.
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus at least 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to legally operate commercial motor vehicles under 26,000 pounds.
Minimum Experience Required*
- Technician II: At least 5 years of related experience.
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid time off accrual
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
Location: 17400 Hwy 365 South, Little Rock, AR 72206
Job Type: Full-time