NURSING CARE EVALUATOR
- To assist in conducting inspections and surveys of health care facilities to evaluate the nursing care provided and to insure compliance with state and federal standards and regulations for the determination of initial or continued eligibility for state licensure and federal certification.
- To observe the nursing care provided at health care facilities in order to determine its adequacy.
- To review nursing care staffing patterns and personnel qualifications to insure adequate staffing, proper personnel standards and patient care policies.
- To review medical records of patients and insure that proper nursing care, medication and treatment is given to the patient in accordance with physician’s orders.
- As required, to review other areas at health care facilities such as health, sanitation, dietary and any conditions immediately affecting the patients.
- To talk to patients and observe general attitudes towards the facility, carefully observing whether there are common complains and checking out their validity.
- To prepare proper reports related to the survey findings, noting deficiencies or discrepancies, especially in the area of nursing care standards.
- To explain deficiencies or discrepancies to officials of facilities and recommending ways to eliminate said deficiencies or discrepancies.
- To perform follow-up investigations to insure proper corrections are made.
- To assist in developing effective utilization of medical resources within the state.
- To do related work as required.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND CAPACITIES: A thorough knowledge of modern approved nursing practices and methods a working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations relative to the licensing, regulation and inspection of health care facilities and the ability to interpret such laws, rules and regulations a working knowledge of standards for nursing care and the ability to apply these standards in conducting surveys a working knowledge and a sound understanding of social and human relationships, problems and needs in dealing with aged and convalescent persons the ability to prepare reports containing findings, analyses, conclusions and recommendations the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials of health care facilities and assist them by providing advice and guidance and related capacities and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Such as may have been gained through: graduation from an accredited school of Nursing and
Experience: Such as may have been gained through: at least one year of employment as a registered nurse in a private or public health care facility.
Or, any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the above education and experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must meet nursing registration requirements as a Registered Nurse, at time of appointment and must maintain such registrations requirements as a condition of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Status:
All applicable COVID-19 requirements must be completed prior to employment and employees must show proof of such vaccinations.