Newspaper Delivery Job in The Oregonian
Get started right away! Be sure to ask about the $300 sign on bonus!
We need motivated self starters to deliver The Oregonian, Wall Street Journal, New York Times and USA Today as independent contractors for the greater Portland Metro Area (Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas counties as well as parts of Yamhill and Columbia counties) .
This is a great opportunity for supplementing your income. Ideal for stay at home parents, retirees, students or for anyone looking to earn some extra cash working part time, just a few days a week. Most carriers earn between $1,000-$1,200 per month. You are paid per paper delivered plus tips. Rates and paper counts vary by route. The Oregonian is delivered on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We also have limited amounts of Monday, Tuesday, Thursday routes available.
* 3 or 4 days per week. 3-4 hours per day
*Overnight hours. Average start time of 1:00 a.m.
*Insert advertisements and bag papers before delivering
* Accurately deliver to all customers on a route in timely manner
* Deliver papers to proper location as requested by the customer (ie driveway, porch, tube)
* Work independently without supervision. You are welcome to bring a friend or even your dog while delivering newspapers!
* Have a reliable vehicle
* Have valid drivers license and proof of insurance
* Delivery experience not required, a distributor can teach you!
2. Phone Number
3. What city or area you would like to deliver in the metro area. If in Portland, please specify location in the city (i.e. Garden Home, Downtown, inner southeast, etc.)
We will forward this information to our Independent Distributors and they will be in contact with you asap.
* Short term and long term carriers welcome.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Night shift
- Signing bonus
- Drivers License (Required)
- Multiple locations
Delivery Location Type:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: Multiple Locations