Meter Reading and Customer Care Supervisor Job in EVERSOURCE
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!You will plan, schedule, coordinate and supervise meter reading activities in an assigned area. You will provide guidance, training and development of meter reading personnel to ensure the highest level of customer service. You will perform direct supervision of assigned bargaining unit employees and perform on-call duties as required.
- Plans, schedules and supervises reading of mobile routes and special reads to ensure accurate and timely customer billing. Coordinates with other departments to provide special readings.
- Ensures achievement of annual goals and prudent control of meter reading budget.
- Will assist in the development and implementation of all customer operations policies, procedures and standards pertaining to meter reading processes and systems.
- Ensures the accuracy, integrity and security of all customer information, customer records and company equipment.
- Maintains and tracks performance via reports specific to meter reading activities.
- Initiates prompt resolution of meter reading issues that affect billing. Reviews and analyzes system generated reports for meter reading problems, route status and missed reads.
- Performs and documents field inspections to monitor safety and work performance of meter readers.
- Examines and approves daily time and vehicle sheets; checks for correct completion of assigned work and to make sure proper accounting procedures are used.
- Monitors meter reading route times and implements rerouting of customer accounts to maintain compliance with established company standards and to improve efficiency.
- Coordinates investigations and resolves customer complaints regarding meter reading problems.
- Oversees accident reports and investigations to assure they are done timely, accurately and with appropriate follow up measures.
- Administers and oversees Field Meter progression testing, annual appraisals and individual coaching/training.
- Interviews applicants and recommends hiring or transfer. Recommends promotions, demotions and discipline.
- Supervises and schedules the maintenance of Company fleet vehicles.
- Keeps Manager informed and updated on all important aspects of day to day activities as required.
- Thorough knowledge of systems utilized for meter reading, customer billing, credit, and other daily work tasks
- Working knowledge of union contracts and labor relations policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to deal effectively with irate customers and/or sensitive customer or employee situations
- Bachelors degree in business, liberal arts, engineering or the equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in a customer service or meter related field
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Primarily works inside in an office environment but must be able and willing to travel to employees based in area work centers around the state, as well as occasionally to meetings in other states served by the company. Must be able to conduct field safety observations
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.