Merchandising Assistant Job in Sees Candies
Work is Sweet!
Quality without Compromise is not just a motto at Sees Candies. It is the most important ingredient in our recipe for success. Sees Candies has been in business since 1921 and maintains a reputation for producing the highest quality candy and providing superior customer service.
Sees is a leader in the confectionary industry with over 250 retail shops across the USA.
At See’s Candies the key ingredient to our success is the dedication of our employees. It’s thanks to their passion and commitment that we remain a customer favorite, maintaining quality and integrity in all aspects of our business. The Merchandising Assistant has the unique opportunity to contribute their talent, energy and ideas as we make life a little sweeter, one piece of candy at a time.
This position is responsible for assisting with the development of product concepts and packaging for all See’s selling channels. Includes planning, execution and assisting merchandising activities, product line planning procedures, formula and packaging development processes, and researching product line opportunities for all See’s selling channels.
- Assists in written communication to selling channels and internal departments; including feature & benefits, packing instructions and daily and monthly line change summaries.
- Assists in maintaining accuracy of all internal Merchandising documents, including product line lists and seasonal product presentations.
- Responsible for all new packed SKU requests, SKU updates and maintaining SKU accuracy on all merchandising documents.
- Assists in maintaining archive of seasonal candy and packaging.
- Assists with coordinating sample approvals with Operations and Procurement departments; assisting with ship tests and internal communications.
- Assists with formula change process; includes submitting formula grids to Food Safety & QA department and writing packing instructions.
- Researches short-and long-term trends in packaging and candy product in the competitive landscape. Identifies seasonal and non-seasonal product line opportunities to ensure new product development needs are consistently met.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to enhance technology and innovation that will enhance departmental effectiveness.
- Establishes principles for change and maintains change momentum through responsive communication, engagement and development. Also learns from, measures and sustains change results.
- Completes other duties and special projects as requested by management.
- All See’s staff must be committed to the company’s core principles and workplace values, including diversity and inclusion
- 3-5 years’ sales or marketing experience, preferably with multi-channel retailer. Retail or corporate experience within See’s Candies a plus.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, with strong planning and project management skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills; detail-oriented mind-set and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communications and writing skills. Able to effectively interact and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced level PC skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and manage change efficiently, proactively and in a positive manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Merchandising, Business, or equivalent work experience required; equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Management experience preferred.
Sees is an EOE
See’s will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance #131192 and Los Angeles Municipal Code 189.00).
Last Date For Apply: 20/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here