AAA is working with NTI, a national disability organization. NTI is a non-profit organization and has been placing Americans with Disabilities in work-at-home jobs since 1995. We work with employers who have a strong desire to hire qualified applicants with diverse backgrounds.
As a AAA Membership Specialist, you will make calls to AAA Motor Club members. Notifying them that it is time to renew while maintaining appropriate metric standards. You will encourage members to complete their renewal and use scripted rebuttals for members who are hesitant. First call resolution is ideal. The Schedule is 5 – 9 pm EST and possible Saturdays after training has been completed, and specialists can work independently.
The AAA Membership Specialist makes outbound calls to assist existing and recently expired members in maintaining their annual memberships to the auto club. Guidance will be provided at all times to smoothly retain current customers and respond to their concerns about their renewal.
The pay rate starts at $11.00 per hour with the possibility of increases up to $13.00 per hour based on length of service and additional training to take inbound Membership calls and inbound calls for Emergency Roadside assistance.
Residents of the following states are NOT eligible for this position: Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, US Virgin Islands, Vermont, Washington DC, and Wyoming. States, where the minimum wage rate is higher than $11.00 per hour, are not eligible for consideration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Renew the member over the telephone using their debit or credit card.
- Use the provided resources to recite accurate information to members regarding membership benefits and current membership. First call resolution is ideal.
- Accurately note the information in the company ticket system Zendesk.
- Accurately update the phone system, Five9, with the appropriate call disposition after each call.
- Maintain productivity standards and meet appropriate metrics.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to type at least 20 WPM.
- 1-year previous customer service experience in a position with high call volume.
- Professional, confident, and articulate voice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong listening and reading skills.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to multi-task in several different computer applications at one time, while answering member questions.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow and adhere to company policies, procedures, and scripts.
- Comfortable closing membership renewals and handling expected call volume.
- Ability to use desk calculator to determine discounts on membership balances.
- May be required to leave the home to fill out I-9 for new hire paperwork.
- Ability to pass a background check in order to obtain a Motor Club license.
- Ability to meet the home office requirements listed below.
- Previous call center experience, particularly in sales, telemarketing or collections experience.
- Previous work-at-home experience.
- Previous experience with Five9 or other virtual CRM.
- Work experience within the last five (5) years.
- Experience with Gmail and Google applications such as Google docs, calendar, or drive.
Special Position Requirements:
- Specialists are expected to report to work as scheduled and not be granted time off during the first 90 days of employment.
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week. Additional hours (up to 40 hours per week) may be available based on business needs.
- Shifts are Monday through Friday from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm Eastern Time. The shift may change based on need after training has been completed.
- All training is over the telephone & web-based with a certified trainer. It is mandatory to attend the entire training.
- Training will be for two weeks between 9 am and 9 pm ET (part-time, up to 4 hours a day). Training times will be provided to by the client when you are offered the position. Regular schedules will begin the following Monday.
Home Office Requirements:
- Windows 8.1, 8.1 professional, 10, or 11 laptop or desktop. Laptops cannot be S mode. Google Chrome browser must be installed with up-to-date anti-virus software.
- Operating system: Windows 32 or 64 bit
- Minimum Processor Intel Core i5-4440, CPU 2.10 GHz Recommended Intel Core i7-4770, CPU 3.40 GHz
- Minimum Memory 8GB Recommended 16 GB
- Screen Resolution 1024 x 768 1024 x 768
- Logitech or Plantronics corded USB headset, Ethernet cable, calculator, and mouse.
- High-speed DSL, Cable, or FiOS internet- 20 Mbps download speed and 5 Mbps upload speed hard-wired to the modem. For your convenience, you may use our prequalification test to determine if your internet meets our requirements: http://www.speedtest.net
Completely quiet and professional home office, free from noise, distractions, and interruption during shift.
Americans with Disability Specifications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand or sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and type on a keyboard reach with hands and arms balance speak clearly and hear Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 per hour
- Work from home
- Evening shift
Work Location: Remote