Material Handler – 3rd shift Job in McCain Foods USA, Inc.
Position Title: Material Handler – 3rd shift
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Rice Lake
Requisition ID: 10172
2nd shift. Mon- Fri 3-11pm. Occasional overtime. Pay $22 per hour 2nd shift is also part of the sanitation crew
Essential Functions of the Job: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Under limited supervision, the Utility Worker performs a variety of routine manual work requiring physical strength and endurance, including operating forklift to transport raw materials and finished product.
- This position rotates between the following four areas; receiving, onion hoppers, breading hopper room, and the freezer.
- Unload semi-trucks of raw and packaging materials by using a forklift and transport to the warehouse ensuring that the area is kept clean and organized.
- Unloads and stacks onions (up to 50 bags at 50 pounds per unit stacks to a height of 6 feet ? up to 3 loads per 8 hour shift of up to 1000 bags per load) onto pallets and transports to storage area or cutting area as required.
- Counts and dumps sacks of onions into cutting hoppers as required.
- Places carts under end cutters and empties scrap onion into trash compactors.
- Stacks, bales and stores burlap sacks as required.
- Load bags of batter and breading onto the elevator and operate to bring up to the breading hopper room. Manually dump 50 lb bags into the hoppers.
- Performs general housekeeping work including removal of excess scrap from end cutters, shovels or sweeps scrap from floors, flushes floors with water, may assist with machinery cleaning and performs other housekeeping work in other plant areas as required.
- Completes product recall tags and places on all palletized product and checks to insure that product cases packed match recall tag counts.
- Complete and enter into the AS400 system all appropriate production paperwork in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Keeps packaging areas supplied with raw materials and supplies.
- May stack cases onto slip sheets or pallets, stretch wraps and transports product to cold storage area.
- Transports extruded onion ring stacks into cold storage area as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understands and follows established sanitation and safety rules and procedures.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: NA Appetizer Manufacturing
Department: Rice Lake Production – 3rd Shift
Location(s): US – United States of America : Wisconsin : Rice Lake
Company: McCain Foods USA, Inc.