Material Handler – 1st Shift (Starting $19+/hour)
This role generates the proper paperwork for material receipts and shipments and ensures positive material flow through the facility, inbound and outbound. A successful candidate is a self-motivated multi-tasker that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all shipping and receiving and cycle count quality levels are met.
- Is responsible for accurately receiving material into inventory.
- Unloads and stores material in proper locations and perform receiving transactions.
- Stages loads and loads trucks with products to meet delivery dates.
- Performs shipping transactions for various computer applications to meet customer requirements
- Depending on plant may transport product between plants and warehouses
- Communicates potential supply problems to supervisor and purchasing.
- Communication and coordination with outside departments on shipping/receiving.
- Ensures proper receipt of materials into computer system/computer data entry/build loads/print bills of lading complete export papers.
- Issues material to plant wide personnel and accurately performs system transactions.
- Maintains log books for issuing of certain production components.
- Create cycle counts.
- Performs cycle counts daily.
- Analyze errors / unprocessed transactions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of inventory control
- Working knowledge of PC and Windows operating system (trainable for Oracle)
- Average computer skills
- Excellent forklift/material handling skills
- Basic math skills for verification of receipt quantities
- Working knowledge of applicable shipping, receiving and inventory computer transactions for update capability
- Functional knowledge of additional shipping, receiving and inventory applications for information review only
- Ability to train, coordinate, and communicate effectively with all departments
- Familiarity with all shipping related paperwork and associated system transactions that are required for daily activities
- May need advanced knowledge and familiarity with plant-wide production, purchasing and maintenance activities to facilitate the appropriate stocking and issuing of MRO items
- 6 months of previous material handling experience or equivalent knowledge preferred
- 1-2 yrs of prior shipping/receiving experience.
- Standard safety training
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work Hours/Status:
- The 1st shift includes Monday – Thursday 5am – 3pm.
- The 2nd shift includes Monday – Thursday 3pm – 1am with a shift differential of $3.00/hr.
- The weekend shift includes Friday – Sunday 6am-6pm for a total of 36 hours and added weekend shift differential of $4.50/hr.
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and competencies required of this position. Employees are held accountable for all aspects for the job, which are subject to change at any time. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Crenlo, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
Crenlo Engineered Cabs is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veterans status.Requirements: Crenlo’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and paid-time-off.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions, short & long term disability insurance and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including Employee Assistance Program and other employee discount programs.