Manufacturing Team Supervisor Job in New Balance
For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers — because there’s no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY IN OUR BRAND NEW PRODUCTION
FACILITY – METHUEN, MA
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR – 1ST SHIFT (BILINGUAL – SPANISH)
Work schedule: Mon-Fri 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Made in the U.S.A.
New Balance’s Methuen factory will marry today with tomorrow – enabling NB to build footwear of today using forward looking technology. Fusing our unparalleled craftsmanship with new manufacturing technology will broaden our ability to provide consumers exciting new footwear.
What’s in it for you? Benefits and more…
- Competitive starting pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision (30 day waiting period)
- 40% Employee discount on New Balance (In-store and online)
- 401K company match (100% vesting immediately)
- Lifestyle reimbursement and Improved matching gifts
- Additional Discounts: Cellular phones, Travel, Entertainment, Consumer Goods and much more!
New Balance Supervisors have the opportunity lead and motivate associates while running the day-to-day operations of the facility. If you’re a motivated, experienced leader this role may be right for you!
- Supervises day-to-day team operations to achieve safety, quality, delivery, production, and cost coals while staying in line with the Leadership Competencies and Core Values of New Balance.
- Ensures the Value streams/teams are supporting and understanding standard work and quality. Consistently analyzes takt time, cycle time, and balance charts accordingly while utilizing A3 problem solving to ensure continuous improvements and new style implementations.
- Trains, develops, recognizes, and manages associates, preparing qualified candidates for personal succession.
- Provides clear, consistent feedback, provides coaching and development opportunities, including timely and meaningful performance appraisals. Leads process improvements and team developments by overseeing the implementation of Lean tools and their application.
- Supports a world class manufacturing environment in which all associates have a framework of operating systems – 6S, Kanban, Standard Work, based on TPS methodology that guide work functions, actions, and initiatives.
- Maintains an organized and safe work environment utilizing the 6S program, safety bulletins and guidelines and understands basic OSHA requirements.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3 to 5 years of leading people and teams to high performance. College degree preferred.
- Bilingual skills – Spanish
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and communicate effectively and efficiently verbally and in writing.
- PC skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Project management skills.
- Experience in shoe making process or similar manufacturing process: commitment to learn and practice TPS principles and all NB Lean programs preferable
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.