MANAGER, LEARNING FACILITATION AND SUPPORT
These positions can be worked at our GPGS Hub in Omaha, Nebraska or Marion, Illinois. This position can also be worked remotely. Please note this position can only be worked remotely from the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin.
The Manager, Learning Facilitation and Support’s primary responsibility is to the day-to-day oversight, certification, and ongoing development of the Learning Specialists, who support the Learning Facilitation Managers in their delivery of classes. Approximately 5 to 12 Learning Specialists report directly to this Manager. The Manager, Learning Facilitation and Support also has oversight of the Team Training Mentor (TTM) Program, maintaining standards of the program as well as recruitment and ongoing participation of colleagues from the GPGS Americas Guest Services team. The Manager, Learning Facilitation and Support is responsible for managing these resources across classes and other training initiatives. The Manager, Learning Facilitation and Support is also responsible for facilitating classes, as needed.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a Hyatt Global Property & Guest Services Hub (or equivalent) is required.
- Minimum 6 months experience working with Hyatt reservation systems (Reserve) is required.
- 3+ years’ experience in developing classroom and other training collateral such as study guides, lesson plans, and/or training manuals is required.
- 3+ years’ experience of successfully delivering at all levels of a training event, including pre- and post-training surveys and assessments is required.
- 3+ years developing training content, curricula, and/or SOPs is required.
- Experience in a management role (or equivalent) is required.
- Experience in successfully managing small to medium-sized projects is preferred.
- Experience with deployment of training initiatives and/or processes linked to business outcomes is preferred.
Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Require 5+ years’ experience with general Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams) applications, (intermediate proficiency is preferred).
- Require minimum 6 months experience with Hyatt reservation system (Reserve).
- Strong intuitive sense of new technology and can leverage resources to learn is required.
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Require exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Require strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to the smallest of detail.
- Require ability to adapt to change quickly and resolve complex issues.
- Require strong time management, event management, and prioritization skills.
- Require general schedule and shift flexibility (day and night shifts, weekday and weekend) that would allow for periodic travel (0 to 10 domestic and/or international trips max annually) for the purposes of project work, training, and/or ongoing education.
- Attendance is a key requirement based on how much team members rely on the Manager, Learning Support.
- Require understanding and exposure to adult learning principles, project management, and learning delivery systems in a classroom and virtual training environment.
- Experience working with multi-cultural/multi-generational workforces of varying education levels is preferred.
- Consistently able to handle colleague personal situations, demonstrating strong decision making skills and judgment in situations which are sensitive and may not always include all the details.
- Works well with others and is able to work efficiently within a team.
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.