MAINTENANCE HOURLY Job in JBS USA Food Company
JBS began in 1953 as a small, family-owned company in Brazil. We have continued to steadily grow and are now the largest animal protein processor in the world. Though our business has grown, our family values remain our foundation. We seek to hire dedicated individuals who are committed to learning and share our desire to be the best. At JBS, our team members are our most important asset and feeding the world is our greatest goal.
The Tolleson operation is a two-shift fabrication, one-shift harvest, distribution center and warehouse located in the City of Tolleson, in Maricopa County, Arizona. The city was incorporated in 1929 and is named after its founder W.G. Tolleson.
The Tolleson facility was originally built in 1968 as Swift Packing, Co. In 1981, the name was changed to Sun Land Beef Co. and in 1996, it became part of Packerland Packing. In 2001, the plant was acquired by Smithfield Foods Inc. and in 2007, its name was changed again to Smithfield Beef Group-Tolleson. The Tolleson plant then joined the JBS family in 2008.
Tolleson exports to different countries including Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Philippines, Taiwan and Mexico.
Investing in our people is a large part of the reason why success at JBS is so achievable. Working in operations gives you the opportunity to contribute to the very core of our business: producing the highest quality products for families around the globe. At the JBS operations facilities, we offer career growth opportunities for people with all kinds of interests and backgrounds who are interested in working in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Additionally, opportunities abound for those who enjoy working within the production environment and are excited about both leading a team and ensuring we are producing a top quality, safe product for families across the globe.
JBS® values the people who make our company a success. We want to be sure our team members know just how much we appreciate their dedication by ensuring they love working with us. As part of our total compensation package, JBS® and offers comprehensive employee benefits designed to meet the healthcare and financial goals of our team members and their families today, tomorrow and in the future.
- This position ensures all aspects of the maintenance mechanic functions are performed in a safety and acceptable method.
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures on all equipment that is assigned by the maintenance supervisors/lead hand.
- Assist other areas of the plant when major problems occur
- Completes all assigned tasks scheduled and unscheduled work as directed by supervisor
- Assist in the day to day operations of the maintenance department. Includes but is not limited to the assistance of all maintenance areas of the plant, insuring that all assigned areas of the maintenance department areas are being monitored and documented as required by safety, food safety, company policy, & procedures
- Fabrication, Slaughter, Material Handling, Rendering, E&E, B&E
“The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made.”