Loss Mitigation Analyst
First Hawaiian Bank is currently seeking a Loss Mitigation Analyst to join our Mortgage Service Center in Honolulu, Oahu. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluation of delinquent real estate loans to identify alternatives to foreclosure and implementing strategies to resolve payment default to mitigate losses to the Bank and/or Investor and maximize loss mitigation revenue.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience with financial analysis, loan collection, loss mitigation, and/or mortgage lending required.
- 2 years’ experience in a high-volume customer service environment required. (may be obtained concurrently with above)
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Loan default and/or mortgage loan experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of collection practices and processes.
- Working knowledge related to risk mitigation including financial analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately enter data in computer programs/applications.
- Must be able to work with 3rd parties such as attorneys, Realtors, Investors and Mortgage Insurance Companies.
- Must exhibit a strong sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting challenges, and achieving goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Possess excellent analytical, communication and negotiating skills.
- Must be able to handle difficult customers with tact while maintaining professionalism.
Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM (Hours may vary)