ZACHRY is accepting applications for a laborer to work the DAY shift to support Venture Globals Plaquemines LNG project in Port Sulphur, LA.
A laborer will assist with various manual needs of the construction work including but not limited to moving equipment, digging, retrieving equipment, standing by for fire safety, and any other work instructed by a supervisor or journeyman.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands – see below.
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days as needed
- Position may perform a large range of manual activities including but not limited to moving equipment, digging, retrieving equipment, standing by for fire safety, and any other work instructed by a supervisor or a journeyman.
- Use a fire extinguisher.
- Climb onto structures and Scaffolding.
- Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls, and come along to move equipment/materials into place
- Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
- Follows directions from the supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools.
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Experience on an industrial construction site Formal/technical education.