Animal Medical Center
Have you ever said, I would love to work at a vet clinic? We have openings for full-time veterinary assistants and animal caretakers. We are seeking compassionate and dependable people to join our team of pet lovers!
Ideal candidates will be able to multi-task in a high paced work environment, while providing excellent care to our patients and their pet parents. We want someone that truly feels compelled to care for pets, and personally understands the human-animal bond.
Maybe you are currently working at a veterinary clinic but you dont feel challenged to use and develop your skills. We want you to reach your personal professional goals and be rewarded as a valuable team member.
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:20am – 5:45pm rotating weekend shifts. One workday off each week.
The Kennel Attendant position is a key role for our kennel that provides daily care for our boarded animals and assist with kennel maintenance.? The position involves cleaning, bathing, grooming, exercising and feeding our boarded animals.? The Attendant is also responsible for cleaning cages, administering medication, and monitoring the behavior of our boarded dogs.? The role interacts with the clinical team, clients and supports our customer focused environment. ?
- Daily care for boarded animals
- Bathing, grooming, exercising, feeding, administering medication, and monitoring behavior
- Assist with kennel maintenance and cleaning
- Reporting changes in animal behavior, health or concerns to Vet or Hospital Manager
- Maintaining animal records, such as weight, physical condition, treatments received, medications given, and food intake and other potential data as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Doctor/Hospital Manager/Kennel Manager
- Washing, drying, and folding laundry
- Must be able to lift 50lbs or more, stoop, bend and stand on feet for long periods.
- Travel may be required
Skills / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or relevant education and work experience
- Previous experience with animals preferred
- Customer service attitude
- Organizational skills
- Team oriented, enjoys working as part of team
- Solid communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location