Janitorial Supervisor – 1st Shift Full-time -Wed – Sunday Job in C&W Services
The Supervisor will work under the supervision of the Custodial Manager or Assistant and perform a variety of custodial duties for C&W Services. Such duties shall be in accordance with established standards, instructions, and procedures of C&W Services.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for Coordinating, Scheduling and Supervising the Activities of The Building/Facility Cleaning Staff and Ensuring that the Cleaners Keep Offices, Hallways, Stairs, And Other Areas Within the Building in Clean and Orderly Condition By Performing Basic Cleaning Duties. May Also Supervise the Performance of The Clean-Up and Basic Maintenance of The Surrounding Grounds and Premises.
- Wednesday – Sunday + Holidays* 6:30AM – 3:30PM: 40 Hours per week
- Hourly pay rate $23 – $25 per hour
- Non – Union position
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sweep, mop, and wash floors, and other surfaces (inside buildings).
- Use light and heavy (commercial type) floor (buffers) and shampoo machines including attachments.
- Vacuum rugs in offices and public areas. Spot clean daily and shampoo when directed rugs. Clean and dust furniture, exhibit cases, pictures, chairs, door trim, light fixtures, and all other horizontal surfaces including periodic high dusting.
- Wash windowsills; glass in interior doors, partition, and specified windows.
- Wash glass and trim at entrance doors, interior/exterior- Wash/spot clean interior walls as appropriate daily.
- Clean bathrooms and restock paper supplies daily. Standard bathroom procedures are to damp wipe glass surfaces, empty waste baskets, service soap and toilet paper dispensers, dust sills, clean tile walls, shelves, stall partitions, sweep/mop/scrub floors, etc.
- Monitors possible defects such as clogged urinals and lights out, and reports to supervisors.
- Collect building trash daily placing it in approved container and place in designated collection area for subsequent removal.
- Replace liners in waste baskets and trash containers per specs.
- Sweep or shovel snow from steps and walkways at building entrances and connecting walkways/sidewalks as directed.
- Performs periodic work: High dusting, leather and wood surface, polishing, wall washing.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check, including criminal history.
- Basic cleaning responsibilities requires no previous experience
- Must be able to take direction, to work with minimal supervision, and to function cooperatively as part of a team
- Ability to use cleaning tools and equipment.
- Use a portable vacuum cleaner – back pack style.
- Requires attention to detail, a pride in delivering excellent service, organization, and high levels of energy and endurance.
- Ability to work Weekends and Holidays as needed*
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education and/or Experience):
- Advanced cleaning responsibilities required
- Advanced skills, such as hard floor and carpet maintenance, three to five years.
- The ability to speak and read English is a plus and may be required by client.
- Must be able to take direction, work with minimal supervision, and function cooperatively as part of a team
- Requires attention to detail, a pride in delivering excellent service, organization, and high levels of energy and endurance
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Drivers license – Active and in good standing.
- Ability to be on call and assist with site emergencies.
- Motivated individual and proactive.
- Background check required.
- 1-3 years of Supervisory experience.
- 3-5 years of Janitorial experience.
About C&W Services:
A leader in facilities services with over 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We’re building the best team in the industry – our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you’re joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world’s largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple: talented people.
Our success is due to a supportive and friendly culture that fosters collaboration.
Why C&W Services?
- Weekly Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits that start on day 1
- Advancement opportunities
- Training to work in a cutting-edge facility
- A safety-first culture
Visit our website at: https://careers.cushmanwakefield.com/cwservices/global/en
Learn why C&W Services is an ideal place for veterans to continue their careers: https://cwservices.com/veterans/
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Belmont, MA 02478: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Last Date For Apply: 23/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here