Janitor ($17/Hr)(Paid weekly) Job in American Furniture Warehouse
American Furniture Warehouse is proud to offer an excellent and comprehensive benefits package for our employees!
- Low Deductibles on Medical Plans
- Great Dental coverage
- Excellent Vision program
- Flex Expenses Account for both Medical and Dependent Day Care
- Life/AD&D Insurance available for Employees and Dependents
- Reasonable Long-Term Disability Premiums
- Aflac Supplemental Plans Including Short Term Disability, Hospital, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Ultimate Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) and 401(k) Roth Retirement Savings Plan Perks
- Family-owned company who cares about their employees
- Convenient Wellness Program
- Vacation Pay (Earned after the first 90 days of employment)
- Sick Pay (Earning begins at the date of hire)
- Paid weekly
- Holiday Pay and Two Personal Holidays after 60 days
- Multiple Employee Discount Offers
- Years of Service Recognition Program
*SUMMARY*The Janitor role is integral to the customer experience and the operations of the entire building. The position will include maintaining a clean show floor and warehouse environment. We cant do what we do without a professional in the janitor role. The right candidate will be committed to and exemplify the values of the organization, maintain a calm and professional demeanor in a fast-paced retail environment. We have to work together and will need to be adapt to change quickly. Commitment and an eye for attention to detail are critical qualities.RESPONSIBILITIES**
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash and other rubbish
- Clean restroom areas, top to bottom, including men’s, women’s, and unisex restrooms and supply restrooms, break rooms, or other areas with supplies.
- Signing off on cleaning logs signifying that the area was cleaned thoroughly.
- Dust, clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor safety by performing such tasks as locking doors and checking electrical equipment use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Knowledge of personal protective equipment (PPE) and the ability to use personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Knowledge of blood-borne pathogens (BBP) and the ability to safely clean blood-borne pathogens (BBP).
- Various other job duties as asked by supervisor.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work in a high-performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Organization and attention to detail
- High energy level
- 2-4 years of previous janitorial experience
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals
- Previous safety training and/or certifications
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks, manual dexterity
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, and depth perception
- Lifting of 50 pounds
- Ability to walk long distances on hard surfaces
- Ability to work under fluorescent lighting
- Climate is affected by outside conditions.
- Considerable exterior noise
A pre-employment drug screen and background check must be passed upon job offer.*_American Furniture Warehouse provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics._*Since 1975 our motto has been Under Promise and Over Deliver and this is exactly what we do daily. At AFW we strive to provide a great work environment for our employees and give them the knowledge and tools needed to provide our customers with an even greater buying experience. At American Furniture Warehouse We Do It Right the First Time. Location: null, Firestone, COLocation: 10550 Jake Jabs Blvd, Longmont, CO 80504, USA
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Englewood, CO 80112: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location