IT Systems Support 1
The Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS) has a career opportunity within the Technology Services Division.
This Computer Support Specialist provides first and second level technical support and advice to employees, contractors, providers, tribal agencies, state and local municipalities, and law enforcement. This position answers support requests through a help desk line, email messages, online submissions, etc., and resolves technical problems for end users and documents support calls including basic network incidents.
Why Join DPHHS
Our mission at DPHHS is to serve Montanans in their communities to improve and protect the health, safety, and well-being, and to empower independence. By joining our department, you will have the opportunity to perform meaningful work in public service to our state and its residents.
The State of Montanas comprehensive benefits package includes healthcare coverage, retirement plans, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays, work/life balance, and eligibility to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. In addition, DPHHS is the largest state agency with a wide range of advancement opportunities whether you are joining the workforce or have several years of experience.
Qualifications for this Career Opportunity
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Operating Systems, personal computers, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of Local/Wide Area Network Communication principles.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory.
- Attention to details, research, and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service, patience, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle in-bound calls, emails, and other requests.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multitask.
- Ability to perform software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Ability to record and maintain tracking/ticket information.
- Ability to identify and solve technical problems.
- Ability to convey technical concepts in laymen’s terms.
- Ability to operate personal computer to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technology field.
- Experience with help desk operations and technical support preferred.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered on a case-by- case basis.
How to Apply
To be considered for a DPHHS position, submit the following required documents with your application on the State of Montana Careers website. When submitting the required documents, you must check the relevant document box to ensure your attachments are uploaded correctly to your application for this position.
- Cover Letter
Successful applicants will be subject to background checks relevant to the position and must pass reference checks before an offer will be extended. DPHHS is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For a copy of the full job description or if you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, contact DPHHS Human Resources listed below.
This position may be eligible for partial telework within the state of Montana. Specific conditions will be provided by the supervisor and must adhere to state policy.
This position may be eligible for a statutory $1.50 an hour base pay increase effective July 1, 2024.
This position is open until filled with frequent screening of applicants. of candidates will.