Interpreter I, Remote Job in International Rescue Committee
Requisition ID: req22358
Job Title: Interpreter I, Remote
Employment Category: Occasional
Employment Type: Part-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Tallahassee, FL USA
The Remote Interpreter provides telephonic or video interpretation to facilitate, with accuracy, impartiality, and confidentiality, the language needs of Limited English Proficient (LEP) individuals and their service providers. Activities include providing professional interpretation services, use of software to track assignments, and occasional trainings and assessments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide accurate, impartial, and confidential interpretation to LEP individuals and service providers in a variety of settings, including clinics, hospitals, schools, community-based organizations, and government agencies. Services may be rendered via telephone, videoconference, or other virtual means.
- Track assignments and work hours within designated software.
- Participate in trainings and assessments.
- May support special projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cultural sensitivity; ability to build trust with clients, colleagues, and partners.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Spoken proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is required; including but not limited to Spanish, French, Arabic, Burmese (Chin, Matu, Rohingya, Karen, Karenni, Tedim), Kirundi, Kinyarwanda, Somali, Farsi, Dari, Pashto, Swahili, Amharic, Tigrinya, Nepali, Russian, Kunama, Afar, Sango, Dinka, Lingala, Oromo, Kurdish, Vietnamese, Korean, Urdu, and Hindi.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Reliable internet connection and/or phone line.
Education and Certifications:
- High school diploma strongly preferred.
- Interpretation certification preferred.
- Relevant professional interpretation experience preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
- This position is authorized only for remote work.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Last Date For Apply: 20/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here