Intake Representative (Patient Access Center) – 1.0 FTE (Remote)
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
As an Intake Representative , you are often first point of contact for many of our patients. Youll utilize your customer service and critical thinking skills schedule appointments in a Call Center over 30 specialty clinics. To ensure our patients receive the care they need efficiently, you will work with patients to obtain complete and accurate billing and insurance information. Additionally, you will work closely with staff at our numerous clinics to connect patients with the information they need about their care or escalate issues to the clinic leadership. Listening to the patients needs and finding a solution for them is crucial. Our Intake Representatives enjoy providing excellent customer service to a diverse age and ethnic population by effectively communicating and efficiently problem solving.
Intake Representative Overview
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Identifies and satisfies patient appointment scheduling needs, utilizing technology proficiently.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient scheduling needs.
- Coordinates scheduling needs with other areas as required.
- Notifies patient of change in appointment scheduling.
- Obtains patient demographic and insurance information for new patients and verifies for returning patients.
- Can effectively determine when patient/caller needs to be escalated to triage or manager.
- Provides pre-appointment instructions to patients at the time of the call.
- Responds to, answers and/or directs patient questions or concerns.
- Some advanced education and/or training including: written and verbal communications, customer service, customer needs assessment, problem solving, and computer usage.
- Customer service experience within a professional setting.
- Proven ability to: listen effectively, maintain strict confidentiality, resolve patient complaints, and demonstrate emotional intelligence and patience.
- An audible, friendly, professional, and well-mannered speaking voice.
- Ability to type and utilize various computer screens while conversing with patient/customer.
- Ability to learn new computer systems and workflow processes.
- Strong telephone management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource.
- Customer service experience within a health care and/or medical office setting.
Location: At this time, this position will be working remote. (MN residents only)
Hours: Patient Access Center is open from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday.
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.