The Insurance Verifier for Regional Cardiology must be a self-motivated person to perform office functions, assist in billing, and insurance verification. The Insurance Verifier verifies all insurance coverage for clinic patient visits, surgeries, and/or procedures. Will be able to work without constant oversight and has the ability to multitask in a changing environment subsequent to the number of patients at any one time. Will maintain the mission and core values set forth by Natchitoches Regional Medical Center.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
1. Verifies all insurance and workers compensation benefits for all scheduled outpatient procedures.
2. Obtains pre-certification or prior authorizations for scheduled outpatient procedures, including Same Day Surgery.
3. Obtains PCP referrals required by third party payer.
4. Verifies eligibility for Medicare, Medicare HMOs, and Medicaid payers.
5. Verifies and calls patients regarding their deductibles, co-pays, and payment arrangements.
6. Documents all pertinent and additional information obtained from the insurance company in the computer on the patient’s account and makes any necessary corrections.
7. Verifies that information on computer screen matches the information on insurance cards exactly.
8. Assists in the registration process as required.
9. Provides insurance information to physicians as requested.
10. Attends staff meetings as required.
11. Participates in emergency and disaster situations.
12. Performs miscellaneous duties as deemed appropriate and when assigned by supervisor.
13. Maintains patient information in ACS.
14. Does office scheduling in ACS and Meditech.
15. Obtains all VA Referrals needed for doctor and facility.
16. Will float to other departments as necessary.
17. Registers patients into Meditech if send out labs or x-rays/procedures are needed.
18. Maintains inventory and orders clerical supplies as needed.
19. Insurance Verifier will be crossed trained to do Scheduling Clerk’s job.
1. Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate effectively in English (other languages desirable)
2. Ability to concentrate when there are numerous interruptions.
3. Knowledge of third party payers.
4. Knowledge of admission procedures.
5. Knowledge of automated systems and basic computer software.
6. Ability to type 50 wpm.
7. Ability to meet deadlines and work with time constraints.
8. Ability to use appropriate discretion in handling confidential material and information.
9. Good telephone techniques.
10. Ability to deal with public in a tactful manner.
11. Ability to perform detailed assignments, work accurately, follow directions and assesses priorities.