At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmiths shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Kansas – Wichita
Function: Marketing / Sales
Title: Instructor – 85211
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
Are you looking to work with John Deere dealers and learn a broad portfolio of products? As an Instructor in Wichita, KS, you will teach dealers, work with factory products and build relationships to support field teams. We are looking for someone with agronomy experience and a technical background in electrical and hydraulic systems.
As an Instructor for John Deere located in Wichita, KS, you will focus on delivering instructor led and virtual product training to our dealerships, company employees and end user customers. In addition, you will:
Be responsible for classroom/training event administration (acquiring roster, taking enrollment, completing exit evaluations)
- Construct and maintain training aids and equipment, classroom exercises, simulations and practice exercises
- Utilize knowledge of John Deere products to conduct instructor led and virtual technical training
- Research various topics through self- development in order to improve individual expertise in both training subject matter/content and delivery skills
- Monitor course effectiveness using Net Promoter Score data
- Provide continual improvements in content development and delivery
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
Knowledge of the learning and development process, including areas such as instructional skills, presentation skills, adult learning theory and other such related knowledge and skills
- Ability to use applications such as Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of dealers and other channels
- Effective writing skills, including grammatical usage
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
1 or more years of agronomy experience
- 1 or more years of project management experience
- 1 or more years of experience in a position working with dealers
- Prior marketing experience
- A technical background in electrical and hydraulic systems
- John Deere or comparable industry specific experience
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Education, Agriculture or related field
What Youll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, youll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.