At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmiths shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Davenport
Function: Marketing / Sales
Title: Instructor – 85331
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
Are you looking to work with dealers and learn a broad portfolio of products? As an Instructor based in Davenport, IA, you will teach dealers, work with platforms and build relationships with field teams. We are looking for someone highly motivated with strong teamwork skills and a willingness to learn!
As an Instructor for John Deere located in Davenport, IA, you will focus on delivering in- field product training to channel partners, company employees and customers. In addition, you will:
Utilize knowledge of John Deere products to conduct in- field optimization training, specifically on row- crop production systems
- Be responsible for field/classroom setup, execution and tear- down of each training event
- Work with the platforms/training development to develop training content
- Assist/support channel partners, company personnel and customers regarding content and delivery
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the course through Net Promoter Score data
- Work with training development teams to make appropriate changes to course materials and delivery
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
Knowledge of products and services offered by the appropriate area of responsibility
- Knowledge of dealers and other channels
- Experience with the Learning and Development process including areas such as instructional skills, presentation skills, needs assessments, adult learning theory, curriculum development and other such related knowledge and skills
- Ability to use standard desktop applications, such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to use various department- specific computer programs (i.e ServiceAdvisor™ 5, CCMS, Tableau)
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
1 or more years of experience in the training and development area, involved in activities such as instruction, needs assessments, curriculum development and other such related training and development work
- 1 or more years of field experience with regular customer contact, knowledge of dealer/distribution network, limited geographic area of responsibility and broad product knowledge
- 1 or more years of factory experience with regular interfacing with design, engineering and manufacturing, a worldwide geographic area of responsibility and focused product- specific knowledge
- 1 or more years of experience in a position working with dealers
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Education, Agriculture or related field
What Youll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, youll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.