Information Desk Clerk – Administration – Baseline 635
Why Work For
Mountain Park Health Center?
As a member of the Mountain Park team, you will have the opportunity to help our community thrive by improving the health of those around you.
- You’ll work in a supportive environment where your coworkers feel more like family. That’s because the way we connect with each other translates to the care we provide our patients.
- We value professional and personal goals, work/life balance and family.
- We are committed to creating a positive work environment and provide our employees with support and experience to grow and be successful.
The Information Desk Clerk facilitates patients/visitors needs as they enter the assigned Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) clinic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcomes and guides patients the appropriate destination within the clinic.
- Participates in the distribution and collection of patient surveys and services.
- Gives information to patients regarding MPHC Services.
- Coordinates transportation for patients
- Provides wheelchairs assistance.
- Ensures that the front lobby area is safe for all patients.
- Distributes materials to patients as instructed.
- Covers other front office positions within the clinic and float between departments within the clinic as needed.
- Assist with any administrative functions, such as answering jellybeans, e-mail, and correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with MPHC policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Complies with MPHC Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to MPHC’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.