Imaging Operator 1 (T)
Under general supervision, performs full-performance level work in the conversion of hard copy letters, forms, and other paper documents into a electronic imaging format. Works with other staff members within the agency and/or with other state, federal or local government agencies, public and private entities to clarify contents of a document type for processing. Performs operations using computer software and interfacing through Local and Wide Area Networks in a multi-platform environment. Performs related work as required.
This announcement is NOT for a specific vacancy or location. We are creating a list of applicants for future vacancies. If you qualify, your application and test record will be active for six months. You are not required to re-test as long as your record is active. Your opportunity for agency referral and possible interview may depend on the number of qualified applicants and their test results.
How to Apply: Apply online. We no longer accept paper applications without prior approval. You may apply from any internet connected computer. Public access computers are available at many libraries, and at Workforce WV offices. If you must use a paper application due to disability call our office for instructions.
This job (Imaging Operator 1) is a tested position (T) which requires an online examination and a typing test.. All examinations are administered online. Once your application is received, you will receive a notification from CourseMill. You must complete the online examination within 10 days of receiving your notification or your application will be inactivated. The online typing instructions will be available for you to download and print when you log in to your online test.
DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU CAN TEST WITHIN 10 DAYS after receiving your notification from CourseMill. Online applicants who do not test within 10 days of receiving this notification will be inactivated. There is a 30 day re-test waiting period. Caution: Any time you re-take the same test your new score, whether higher or lower, will automatically replace any previous test scores.
Note: The same examination is used for: Office Assistant 1, 2 , 3 (non-typing and typing), Secretary 1 & 2 , Administrative Secretary, and Imaging Operator 1. YOU MUST APPLY FOR EACH TITLE SEPARATELY. YOU MUST APPLY PRIOR TO TESTING. You only need to take the test once to be scored for the titles for which you have applied. NOTE: If you have already taken this test for any of the above job titles within the past 30 days and want to be considered for additional titles, contact our office for instructions on how to have your current test scores applied to those titles.
TYPING TEST: This position requires an online typing test you must take the typing test within 10 days to avoid expiration of the Access Code. The typing instructions will address accessing the special typing test website with an Access Code
NOTE: If you have already taken the typing test for Data Entry Operator OR any of the above job titles within the past 30 days and want to be considered for additional titles, contact our office for instructions on how to have your current test scores applied to those titles.
If you have previously applied for this job and simply want to update your ID (name, address, etc.), work preferences, or county availability, do not re-apply. Instead, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Converts documents into electronic images using scanning equipment and computer software.
- Maintains, processes sorts and files documents numerically, alphabetically, or according to other predetermined criteria.
- Performs quality control by ensuring documents scanned and/or received electronically meet agency standards, returning unacceptable pages or documents to entry point for re-submission.
- Contacts supervisor or technical staff to resolve problems or operational issues.
- Maintains operation logs and prepares time and activity and statistical reports as requested by management.
- Performs minor equipment adjustments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the agency.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, the relevant functional business processes, operations, policies, and business forms, including the relationship among them and to outside entities.
- Ability to distinguish small details, recognize their significance, and take appropriate action.
- Ability to interact with EDMS, computer database and other computer software.
- Ability to analyze situations, problems, and information, and take appropriate action.
- Ability to synthesize information and provide interpretation.
- Ability to perform work under significant time constraints.
Training: Graduation from a standard high school or the equivalent.
Experience: One year of full-time or equivalent part-time paid experience using PC based software such as word processing, database or spreadsheet or in electronic document management imaging or scanning documents.
Substitution: Three semester hours of computer science from a regionally accredited college or university or completion of a formal training program in data processing or related field from a business or vocational school may substitute for the experience.
NOTICE: If you are claiming college or other post-high school education or license, you MUST attach or provide by mail a legible copy of your OFFICIAL education transcript, license or training record. YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT UNTIL THIS VERIFICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED. To avoid missing a job opportunity, it is important that you provide this verification as soon as possible. You only have to provide this verification one time. It is not required with every application. Attach documents to the online application, or via email to: email@example.com, FAX: 304-957-0396, or mail to: Division of Personnel, Building 3, Suite 500, 1900 Kanawha Blvd. E., Charleston, WV 25305.