Human Resources Assistant Job in Levi Strauss & Co.
We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference.
Since 1853, we’ve been passionate about innovation to meet people’s needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn’t last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values. We employ more than 17,000 people around the world – supporting great brands, including Levi’s®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to progress, authenticity and collaboration.
About the Job
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource conversations, files and records.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department including;
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date files, records and documentation including performing periodic audits
- Assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Assists with recruitment/interview and termination processes
- Schedules and take notes during meetings as requested
- Act as delegate for various transactions including, employee transfers, changes in job classification, salary increases, and other related employment matters.
- May assist with preparation of human resource reports such as attendance, new hire, and turnover reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 2 + years’ experience in an Administrative/Support Function, preferably in Human Resources.
- Experience with Workday a plus.
- Experience within a union environment a plus.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, weve got you covered. Heres a small snapshot:
- Comprehensive Health, Retirement and Stock Purchase Benefits
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital or family status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes.