Human Factors Associate Consultant – USA
Rimkus (www.rimkus.com) is a worldwide leader in Engineering and Technical Consulting. Rimkus experts specialize in building envelope, engineering, forensic consulting, dispute resolution, construction management services, and solutions built for the environment.
NOW IS THE TIME to join this growing and stable company! We offer our full-time employees a competitive salary, bonus opportunities and a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), and opportunities for advancement!
The Human Factors Associate Consultant will assist consultants(s) by providing technical, clerical, and research support services, including document preparation and review contacting and scheduling with clients human factors-related research (from project inception to publication) human factors analysis and fact checking trial and deposition preparation. Additionally, Human Factors Associate Consultant will conduct field investigations and physical testing, including data acquisition using software or involving human subjects testing conducting research to obtain technical data and reviewing scientific literature and standards.
Associate Consultant will conduct investigations into human factors issues related to transportation crashes and premises liability. This may include collisions, slips, trips, falls, and other events that involve vehicles, pedestrians, or other transportation systems. The expert will use their knowledge of human factors principles to identify and assess the contributing factors to these events and will assist testifying expert in legal proceedings.
Essential Job Functions
Applied Safety and Ergonomics is the Rimkus Human Factors group and provides services related to the evaluation of safety, human performance, risk perception, and decision-making associated with human interaction with products, environments, and processes.
- Support Senior Consultants legal and/or proactive consulting practice.
- Meets with Consultants, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Drafts documents, reports, depositions summaries, and affidavits.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, and other standard sources provides written analysis to Consultants.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Assists Consultants with trial and deposition preparation, which may include attending trials.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Contribute to the planning and development of document-based deliverables (e.g., use-related risk documentation, instructions for use, and usability study protocols).
- Conduct interviews with a wide range of representative users to collect qualitative data related to the use and perception of medical devices.
- Analyze observational and qualitative interview data and develop reports presenting study findings to clients.
- Required: bachelors degree in Cognitive, Experimental, or Industrial Psychology Neuroscience Industrial & Systems Engineering or Human Factors or related field.
- Preferred: Master’s degree or graduate degree in Cognitive, Experimental, or Industrial Psychology Neuroscience Industrial & Systems Engineering or Human Factors.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent client relations and management skills.
- Must be knowledgeable about Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Statistical Software (SPSS, etc.).
Physical Demands, Overtime, and Travel Requirements
Physical Demands- Work is performed remotely. The employee must frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, crouch, hear, and talk (must be able to speak and communicate clearly with others). Employees may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clear vision and depth perception are also necessary.
Overtime- There will be periods when overtime will be required to meet the company’s business needs.
Travel– 25% at most, overnight.
Rimkus (www.rimkus.com) is a worldwide leader in Engineering and Technical Consulting. With over 1500 employees, we have experienced organic growth of 8-12% each year in addition to multiple acquisitions. Rimkus experts specialize in forensic consulting, dispute resolution, construction management services, and solutions built for the environment, and help develop better products and processes for the consumer, industrial, and healthcare industries. NOW IS THE TIME to join this growing and stable company.
At Rimkus, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to creating a work environment that supports and celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences of all employees. If you share our commitment to diversity and inclusivity and are excited about joining a welcoming and supportive team, we encourage you to apply for our open positions. Rimkus is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
At Rimkus, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to creating a work environment that supports and celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences of all employees. If you share our commitment to diversity and inclusivity and are excited about joining a welcoming and supportive team, we encourage you to apply for our open positions.
Rimkus is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employee and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT OR A GUARANTEE OF CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)