HR Service Center Rep
Region: New Orleans Region
Facility: Business Office – Benson Tower
Location: New Orleans, LA
Employment Type: Full time
Job Category: Corporate
Job Number: REQ_00166000
We’ve made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed – our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!
This job serves as the first point of contact for the company’s Human Resources department and is responsible for logging all incoming inquiries in the case management system and providing accurate information of HR inquiries from company employees, leaders, potential candidates, as well as former employees and retirees. Responsible for utilizing standard scripts, FAQs, policy manuals, HR issue knowledge base, desktop procedures and other reference materials to assist with inquiries. Assists in the training of new Associates by providing guidance and instruction on applicable software programs and reviewing FAQs. Reviews and oversees the tickets including details of new Associates to ensure accuracy and handles complaints/escalations while reacting effectively and calmly in emergent calls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Required – Associates degree
Preferred – Bachelor’s degree
Required – Experience in an HR Call Center environment with demonstrated ability to achieve first call resolution at 80% or above
Experience with HR Call Tracking system and effectively documenting tickets
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information. Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Must possess a strong customer service focus, strong interpersonal and listening skills and the ability to deal effectively with dissatisfied customers.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Serves as the first point of contact for HR call inquires and written inquires received through e-mail by providing accurate, timely and consistent responses.
- Identifies and troubleshoots problems that need escalation and assists customers with difficult issues by demonstrating emphatic communication and helping de-escalate situations.
- Responds appropriately to customer related inquiries and issues utilizing appropriate reference materials while attempting to resolve the customer’s inquiry upon first call/contact. Escalates inquiries, when necessary, to the appropriate team member.
- Documents detailed information including caller, issue and needs of the customer in the HR call tracking system. Ensures data is accurate, identifies and escalates priority issues and routes call to appropriate team/person.
- Achieves first call resolution of 85% or above.
- Assists with training of new Associates by providing guidance and instruction on applicable software programs and reviewing FAQs. Reviews ticket details of new Associates to ensure accuracy and provide feedback to ensure tickets are documented according to department guidelines.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
This employer maintains and complies with its Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light Work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid.
There is no occupational risk for exposure to communicable diseases.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health does not consider an individual an applicant until they have formally applied to the open position on this careers website.
Individuals who reside in and will work from the state of Colorado are not eligible for remote work position.
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and providing a workplace that is free from discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, pregnancy status, pregnancy-related conditions, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, unemployment status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. These protections extend to applicants and all employment related decisions. View the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement, as well as the pay transparency policy for more information.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement