HR Data Analyst (Early/Mid-Career) – Remote/Telecommute
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
- These benefits vary by job classification.
What Your Job Will Be Like
Are you passionate about interpreting data and turning it into information that can be used to help make data driven business decisions? If so, Organization 03091, People Analytics, is currently seeking an HR Data Analyst to join Sandia National Laboratorys Human Resources team!
The selected candidate will join a high energy team, designing and delivering analytics insights to enable data-driven HR decision-making across the laboratories. Accordingly, successful candidates will have attention to detail, critical thinking, strong communication skills, confidentiality, and advanced analytics abilities in Excel and Microsoft Power BI.
Other special duties may include policy oversight, software configuration, and data governance controls and training.
On any given day, one may be called upon to:
- Analyze sensitive HR data to produce reports for use by HR, HR Business Partners, line managers, and top executives of the organization
- Partner with customers on gathering requirements, defining measures, retrieving data, and validating results
- Create business intelligence tools and dashboards to support interactive, self-service data exploration, and metrics tracking
- Apply ones analytical ability to evaluate trends and patterns, and draw meaningful conclusions to guide HR decisions, such as staffing and skills needed across the laboratories
- Conduct ongoing training on using and accessing reports and business intelligence tools for the HR Operations team and other staff at Sandia
- Collaborate with other analytical teams at Sandia, such as data science and data warehousing, to ensure meaningful and accurate analysis results for customers
- Think critically about data needs for various HR initiatives or data requests to develop appropriate, sustainable solutions
- Coordinate and clarify business definitions across projects and reports
- Maintain a comprehensive awareness of current HR and local issues to continuously support workforce planning
- Conduct regular audits of HR data and report on issues to be corrected
- Perform descriptive analytics and standardize metric development with Sandia partners
- Partner with the team to expand predictive analytics capabilities
The selected applicant can be a virtual worker located in any U.S. State or District of Columbia. Regular or periodic travel to your assigned work location may be required.
Qualifications We Require
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Science, or a relevant field or equivalent experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of the job
- Experience with one or both of the following:
- Coding language such as SQL, R, Python, etc.
- Data visualization/business intelligence tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.
- The ability to acquire and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- An Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or Information Science
- Experience with PowerBI
- Analytical or data management skills using excel
- Knowledge and experience with HR concepts and terminology
- Experience with statistics
- The ability to track, analyze, and identify trends in data and provide effective solutions
- Critical thinking, synthesis, and analytical skills
- The ability to effectively communicate statistical/technical analyses to non-technical audiences
- The ability to manage multiple projects/priorities using tactical and strategic thinking skills
- Objectivity, results-oriented, and experience showing initiative and creativity
- Experience in developing procedures, reports, presentations, and conducting research to obtain information
- Experience working effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Superb communication, collaboration, and people skills with a proven ability to perform effectively in a teaming environment
- Experience building and maintaining diverse, teaming relationships at all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- A desire to grow in predictive and prescriptive analytics
- The ability to model behaviors that reflect Sandia’s core values
About Our Team
The People Analytics organization provides direct access to Human Resources data through innovative tools and platforms designed to deliver business analytic information or allow self-analysis. Work is delivered through a customer centric vision targeting exceptional customer service and ease of use.
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
NNSA Requirements for MedPEDs
If you have a Medical Portable Electronic Device (MedPED), such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, drug-releasing pump, hearing aids, or diagnostic equipment and other equipment for measuring, monitoring, and recording body functions such as heartbeat and brain waves, if employed by Sandia National Laboratories you may be required to comply with NNSA security requirements for MedPEDs.
If you have a MedPED and you are selected for an on-site interview at Sandia National Laboratories, there may be additional steps necessary to ensure compliance with NNSA security requirements prior to the interview date.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandias discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.