HR Administrative Assistant Job in Peckham Industries, Inc
Family by Choice
Dailey Precast, LLC has many offerings – come work with a dynamic company with tremendous opportunities for personal and financial growth! We are looking for someone who is excited to learn about the Precast industry through training, feedback, and a hands-on experience: Working at Dailey Precast Video
Dailey Precast LLC, a subsidiary of Peckham Industries, Inc., specializes in the design and manufacturing of quality precast/prestressed concrete products. Our projects include parking structures, building exteriors, bridges, sports stadiums and retaining walls throughout Metro New York/New Jersey, Upstate New York, and New England. Dailey Precast is utilizing the very latest technologies.
The Human Resource Administrative Assistant will assistant in the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including pre-onboarding, onboarding, status change forms, maintain employee files, assist in employee training, employee development, employee engagement and enforcing company policies and practices. This position will be 32-36 hours per week Monday thru Friday.
- Results matter. Ensure I-9s are completed correctly for all employees and maintained in accordance with the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services guidelines.
- Respect and engage. Pre-onboard, onboard, and orient new employees. Coordinate with HR and Safety Manager to ensure a standardized company experience
- Complete status changes for the plant personnel including transfers, promotions, and terminations.
- Efficiency. Ensure organized and accurate employee files and documentation
- Assist with time clock records and weekly payroll.
- Communicate. Assist with employee communications, daily concerns and questions
- Utilize the Applicant Tracking System in the event an employee or recruiter needs assistance
- Complete employment verifications for loans, employment, and unemployment
- Assist in trainings when needed
Requirements, Education and Experience:
- 3 years of Human Resource experience, required
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Proficient verbal and written English
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
This job operates in an office setting with occasional needs in the Production Plant environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. This would require the ability to sit at a desk, frequent walking, bend or stand as necessary.
At Peckham, you will experience our values wherever you work: corporate offices, plants, quarries, or paving operations. We share a common set of values – safety, integrity, dedication, and efficiency which are embedded in how we show up every day. Ours is a culture where we protect family and friends, our word is our bond, we are committed to serve and results matter. Our values are the foundation of our growth, and we believe will pave the way for future success.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Peckham Industries, Inc. (PII) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide EEO to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, if you have a disability and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peckham, please contact [email protected]