Important Recruitment Information for this vacancy:
- Job Posting closes: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Kansas Veterans Home
About the Position:
Who can apply: Anyone
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Part-time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: 1 day 1:30-10:30pm, 2 days (weekends) 2:00pm-8:30pm
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans Preference Eligible: Yes
- Search Keywords: Housekeeping
Hourly Rate: $11.75-$12.97. $.50 an hour extra for 2nd or 3rd shift as shift differential. *This position is eligible for a temporary $4.00 per hour special differential for all hours worked. This differential is only temporary and can end at the Governors discretion at any time.*
- Salary can vary depending upon education, experience, or qualifications.
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
Visit the Employee Benefits page for more information…
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
- Provides housekeeping services in assigned areas at the Kansas Veterans Home. The work will be reviewed frequently by the supervisor and occasionally by the RN IV and/or Infection Control Nurse. Work will be reviewed for quality/quantity of work and adherence to safety and sanitation guidelines plus adherence to the established schedule.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Cleans and Disinfects
- Sweeps, mops floors, waxes
- Empties Trash
- Ability to learn the operation and care of vacuum cleaners, scrubbing machines, polishing machines, and other janitorial equipment ability to work effectively with fellow workers and others ability to lift and carry heavy objects ability to work inside and outside under varying work and climatic conditions ability to understand and follow explicit instructions, both in oral and written form ability to stand the strain of working long hours at custodial tasks.
Post-Offer, Pre-employment Requirements :
Must successfully pass background check as required by K.S.A. 39-970.
As authorized by the 2018 Kansas Legislature, effective July 1, 2018, K.S.A. 75-4362 is amended to designate all positions with the Kansas Commission on Veterans’ Affairs office, to include both the Kansas Soldiers’ Home and Kansas Veterans’ Home as Safety Sensitive positions and subject to the drug testing program. All applicants with a conditional offer of employment on or after July 1, 2018, shall be required to submit to a drug screening test.
Recruiter Contact Information:
Name: Shelley Fisher
Mailing Address: 1220 WWII Memorial Drive, Winfield, KS 67156
Required Documents for this Application to be Complete:
On your Careers – My Job Applications page, verify these documents are present and valid. Upload or delete and replace if needed:
Inside this jobs Job Application, upload the these documents:
- Resume (optional)
Job Application Process:
- Sign in to your existing account or Register for a new account.
- Review and complete your contact information on the My Contact Information page.
- Upload documents listed in the Required Documents section of this job posting to the appropriate location.
- Complete and Submit your application.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – the email listed on the Careers>My Contact Information page.
- Notifications – view the Careers>My Job Notifications page
See the helpful link below to assist in completing your application:
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How, What, & Where do I Upload Documents” and “Save Tax Clearance Certificate as a PDF”
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the agency recruiter.