HOG SCHEDULER Job in JBS USA Food Company
DATE: December 3, 2021
POSITION: Procurement Scheduler
LOCATION: Louisville, KY
SALARY CLASS: Salary Exempt
- Work with buyers, station managers, and suppliers to schedule deliveries into the plant.
- Ensure the correct number of hogs is scheduled to meet the plants daily and weekly harvest schedule.
- Purchase hogs as needed from outside suppliers and dealers to fill harvest schedule.
- Assist in supervising procurement department personnel.
- Schedule deliveries into plant in a timely manner to minimize truck wait times.
- Schedule deliveries into the plant according to various segregations as to make certain to meet plant harvest schedule as well as to prevent prolonged holding in pens and maximize barn space.
- Establish practices and procedures to be followed by buyers and other department personnel.
- Answer questions and discuss relevant issues with suppliers, transporters, buyers, USDA and plant personnel.
- Ensure that department records are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with Packers and Stockyards Administration guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of equivalent experience.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and nimble problem solver.
- Ability to serve and meet the needs of suppliers and procurement team in a timely manner.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Proficient in MS Office Tools.
- Ability and willingness to be backup for other procurement roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science or Ag Business.
- Previous pork industry experience.
- Understanding of agribusiness.
- Agriculture or production background.
- Two years’ experience in procurement, pork production, or pork transportation.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Open Until: Filled