Handyman / Groundskeeper Job in Excellence Services, LLC
- Atherton, California, USA.
- $30-$38/hour DOE.
- Health Insurance.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick days.
- Paid rest & meal breaks.
- Discretionary Bonus (generous).
- Regular reviews & advancement opportunities.
Excellence Services LLC is a privately owned company that provides luxury service for one HNW family exclusively. We help our client enjoy their life and encourage employee success.
Seeking a professional handyman/groundskeeper with maintenance and landscaping experience to join our team on a private Atherton, CA estate. We are devoted to providing our clients with a safe, beautiful place to live and enjoy themselves. We will rely on you to keep the home and grounds in peak condition. A well-organized and detail-oriented person will be valued greatly in this position.
- Proactive planning and scheduling of work duties either on your own or with a team and management.
- Follow a to-do list and procedures as well as be proactive to create lists for property care and improvement.
- Maintain landscape and garden areas as needed by planting, trimming, fertilizing, mowing, or other activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot pipes and/or potential irrigation leaks/problems.
- Keeping outdoor living spaces, furniture, light fixtures, and equipment clean at all times.
- Power washing sidewalks, gutters, walls, patios, decks, and more.
- Assisting in inventory, organizing tool sheds and garages.
- Assisting Property Manager in supervising outside contractors and vendors.
- Perform minor fixes and maintenance with plumbing, electrical, mechanical, carpentry, and painting (if qualified).
- Picking up supplies or materials from local hardware and/or landscaping stores.
- Picking up packages and package cartons – unfolding and collecting.
- Perform sanitation duties including trash sorting, removal, shredding, and trash bin cleaning.
- Responsible for pest control and removal including placing bait stations for rodents such as rats, moles, voles.
- Respond to the Property Manager and maintenance staff with a clear plan and solutions to any concerns in a timely and professional manner if needed.
- Responsible to provide clients with support and guidance on maintaining their equipment and keeping records
- Must be Fluent in English with excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate well with the property manager and maintenance staff.
- 5+ years of related professional experience working in a high-level private home or in a similar role or capacity.
- Excellent direct manager-level verbal references are required from both current and previous employers.
- Valid Drivers License required and legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must be professional, proactive, reliable, and respect the boundaries, privacy, and confidentiality of the family.
- Ability to work in all weather and temperature conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and provide manual labor including but not limited to lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Education in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, irrigation or any similar trade is a plus.
- Knowledge of methods of landscaping and proper use of chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides.
- Basic knowledge of ornamental horticulture and skill in the performance of a wide variety of gardening tasks.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and appropriate safety protocols.
- Must know how to operate basic power tools.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent technical knowledge of the job.
- Ability to identify common plants, be able to identify insect or disease conditions on plants.
- Desire and ability to provide high-quality service.
- Strong attention to detail and organized, with great time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to safely operate equipment such as mowers, trimmers, edgers, pruners, chainsaws, and blowers
- Able to work in both large and confined spaces.
- Physical stamina and mobility including the ability to reach, kneel, squat, crouch, bend and crawl.
- Able to respond to requests in a timely fashion and follow through until completed.
- Can show flexibility and go the extra mile when needed to get the job done.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Principals First
Ability to stay focused on meeting and exceeding Highly Private Principals/Clients needs
- Learn from mistakes
Able to admit mistakes upfront and seek the truth. Learns and grows from mistakes. Makes thoughtful choices and provides solutions to avoid future mistakes. Keeps improving.
Finishes duties mindfully, effectively and promptly.
Shows a deep commitment to the role and people.
Takes ownership of tasks and time for Due diligence.
Thinks and acts independently.
Do not complain or shy away from assigned work. Confronts difficulties with a positive outlook. When the going gets tough the tough get going.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $30.00 – $38.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location
Last Date For Apply: 29/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here