Groundman – Provisional Job in PacifiCorp
JOIN OUR TEAM!
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
A Groundman is an entry level position in the lines department and performs a variety of labor duties necessary to assist journey level workers and others in installing, maintaining, repairing and/or operating company facilities and equipment.
- Hand lines staff necessary protective equipment needed for work being performed.
- Prepare and assemble various line apparatus required for particular work being performed.
- Drive and operate the various vehicles and/or equipment.
- Keep work areas clean and organized. Pickup scrap wire, boxes, and other discarded materials.
- Keep unauthorized people away from work area.
- Stocking trucks with material commonly used on a daily basis and maintaining vehicles (fueling, cleaning, organizing, etc.).
- Use various hand and power tools.
- Assist with loading of various materials onto trucks and/or trailers.
- Assemble conduit and place in trench.
- Assist with installation of various underground apparatuses.
- Assist with pulling wire
- Must be knowledgeable with the materials needed and process to strip and terminate underground cables.
- Prepare pole mount transformers and assist with installation.
A Groundman may prepare work orders, requisitions and other routine reports as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or proof of equivalent
- Possess or be able to obtain a current Class “A” Commercial Drivers License
- Be available to work extended hours, prearranged overtime and after-hours outages as required by the company
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to perform duties involving prolonged standing, sitting, crouching and/or stooping.
- Ability to push, pull, and position tools, equipment, and structural material weighing in excess of 100 pounds.
- Ability to lift loads weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work on ladders.
- Ability to work on smooth or uneven surfaces and under varying climatic conditions.
- Ability to work with both arms overhead.
- Ability to grip and hold lines and ropes with up to 75 pounds weight.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment and vehicles.
Candidates with a CDL are preferred. Candidates not possessing a CDL will be expected to obtain one within six months of employment.
Note: This position is a full time provisional status that will accrue benefits equivalent to a regular employee including vacation, sick leave, medical insurance coverage, and 401(k) contributions. A provisional employee shall be defined as an employee whose employment is intended to last more than six months but less than two calendar years and is designed to afford the incumbent the opportunity to gain skills in a classification to further their career in the utility. Furthermore, subsequent to starting in the provisional role, if the employee offers and accepts a regular status position with no break in service, the employee health and welfare benefits and vacation accrual will be based on their continuous service date for their regular position.
Req Id: 108341
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: ROSEBURG
Department: Roseburg Distribution
Personnel Subarea: IBEW 659
Hiring Range: $19.42/hour, after 9 months increases to $24.60 and after 18 months tops out at $29.66.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorps policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.