Generalist Production Job in CEMEX
Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
Works under direction of Production Supervisor in performing duties essential to the operation of the plant in production and shipping of a quality cement.
- Takes samples and delivers to laboratory as required by control room.
- Operates front-end loaders, trucks, unloading and conveying equipment, forklifts, and vacuum machines in the movement of materials or to clean mill area. Operate a forklift as required to load trucks for shipment and for transferring palletized sacked cement to and from storage areas.
- As directed, makes required air slide, line blind, cement pump, conveyor, silo changes measurements and other production required activities.
- Cleans all working areas in the department, including equipment, and reports needed repairs. Removes spills around belts, hoppers, and reclaim tunnels as soon as possible. Digs out elevators, conveyors, unplugs chutes, hoppers, etc.
- Inspects to ensure that any mobile equipment used is properly serviced for fuel, oil, and lubrication. Makes written and verbal reports of discrepancies in maintaining safe operating procedures.
- Using mobile equipment fills hoppers with materials as needed.
- As directed, set up feeders and conveying systems for the distribution of raw materials, clinker, and gypsum.
- May be required to make minor repairs or adjustments and to do lubrication to convey systems and auxiliary equipment. May be required to assist in major repairs.
- Must comply with company safety rules and regulations and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds. Safety equipment means clothing and apparatus including, but not limited to hardhat, safety glasses, ear protection, safety shoes, back support belts, gloves and respirators.
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work scheduled hours, which could include 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to understand, interpret and execute with exactness, instructions given in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Commensurate with education. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location.
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX offers both competitive pay and benefits. Benefits applicable to this position may include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off, and Holiday Pay, as well as a comprehensive wellness program to help keep employees and their families healthy and well. You can learn more about CEMEX Benefits by visiting the CEMEX USA Benefits and Well-Being page. (https://www.cemexusa.com/careers/life-at-cemex/benefits-well-being).
EEO Statement – En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
The hourly compensation for this position is $24.10/hr.