General Laborer Job in Crown Holdings
The General Laborer is responsible for cleaning assigned processing equipment, assisting with label changes, picking up and/or moving materials and machine parts, provide support for break relief, sorting cans for visual defects, and other duties as assigned.
Crown Beverage Packaging, La Crosse WI is surrounded by stunning bluffs, lies alongside the mighty Mississippi River, and is also home to over 20 miles of beautiful scenic trails. The plant which employs 116 employees is just minutes from the historic downtown which hosts unique shops, lively entertainment, museums, art galleries and more! The plant is close to major highways such as I-94 and the approximate distance from the La Crosse Airport is about 7 minutes.
CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 47 countries employing over 33,000 people and net sales of over $11 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals.
Crown’s Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division.
Crown offers a generous starting wage of $20.67, 401K, employee stock purchase plan, pension plan, a tuition reimbursement program for all employees, and more! Crowns comprehensive benefits include FREE company paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage) for all employees. For night shifts, we offer a 5% shift differential. Also, because this position works 12 hour shifts, employees make time and a half over 8 hours per shift ($31.00/hour!)
In addition to the specific responsibilities listed above, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required (Associates Degree or technical training from trade school preferred).
- The associate must possess a mechanical aptitude and precision ability is highly desirable.
- Must be available to work 12-hour rotating shifts which may fall on holidays, weekends, or nights as the business needs.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in math, and an ability to follow directions.
- The associate will have a strong attention to detail and proficient at record keeping.
- Capable of working under pressure and possess flexibility to adjust to sudden work patterns or varying schedules.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Associate will be required to learn and comply with all OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- The associate must demonstrate a commitment to quality.
- Experience in can making a plus!
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The associate will be required to stand at times for long periods and work on elevated stationary platforms.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
- Generally works in a manufacturing environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicular traffic
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures especially in the summer and winter months.
- The noise level is frequently loud
Take the next step in your career and apply online today at www.crowncork.com/careers!
Last Date For Apply: 20/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here