Gas Station Team Member Part Time
Join our team of more than 34,000 team members, supporting our members and communities in our Club Support Center, 235 clubs and eight distribution centers. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative and inclusive environment where all team members can learn, grow and be their authentic selves. Together, we’re committed to providing outstanding service and convenience to our members, helping them save on the products and services they need for their families and homes.
The Benefits of working at BJ’s
- BJ’s pays weekly
- Generous time off programs to support busy lifestyles*
o Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty
- Benefit plans for your changing needs*
o Three medical plans**, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA), two dental plans, flexible spending
- eligibility requirements vary by position
**medical plans vary by location
Responsible for the daily operation of the gas station, performing opening and closing procedures, monitoring and maintaining gas station equipment, assisting members with gas station transactions and payments, and complying with safety, environmental and security standards.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides exceptional member service and promptly assists members as needed. Ensures the safety of people, property and environment while assisting members with gas station transactions.
- Responsible for monitoring gas station sales transactions and handling cash transactions when applicable.
- Maintain cleanliness standards of restrooms custodial duties as needed.
- Monitors gas station reporting, ensures reports are generated, and performs gas station checklist procedures. Properly documents and addresses identified issues.
- Accurately performs all opening and closing procedures.
- Regularly monitors and maintains gas station equipment.
- Oversees the fuel delivery process and performs required preparation procedures.
- Understands the safety and security features of the gas station and complies with safety, environmental and security standards. Informs management and help desk when any alarms are present.
- Performs cash drawer procedures including cash deposit, verification, documentation and control procedures.
- Performs competitive price surveys daily and ensures posted gas prices and club signage match the pricing in the POS (point of sale) system
- Understands and properly follows all spill bucket and spilled material procedures including immediate response and clean up procedures at the gas station.
- Logs all visitors and obtains proper ID before allowing anyone inside the kiosk area. Notifies corporate office of any non-routine maintenance vendor visits including, but not limited to, weights and measures, inspectors and state employees.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Previous gas station operating experience preferred.
- Experience operating a cash register preferred.
- Must be able to complete all required training.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures and weather conditions.
- May require occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Could require long periods of sitting/standing and some bending.
- Occasional exposure to flammable liquids and strong smells.
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies, procedures and compliance.
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable .
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and out
Know your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business